STEM Chateaubriand Fellowship in France, and applications are submitted till January 20, 2015. Every year, Office for Science & Technology (OST) of the Embassy of France in Washington is awarded Chateaubriand Fellowship to doctoral students. The fellowship is tenable in France for the 2015-2016 academic year must start by April 30, 2016. Fellowship is open for US PhD students registered in an American university who wish to conduct part of their doctoral research in a French laboratory. All STEM and Health research topics are eligible. Scholarship covers monthly allowance (up to 1400 euros/month, depending on other sources of funding), Round trip ticket to France and support for health insurance abroad. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | France
Level: Doctoral Research Programme
Field(s): Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Health related field.
Deadline: January 20, 2015
Funded By: Embassy of France in the United States, Office for Science and Technology (OST)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): STEM Fellowship is targeted for Students registered in an American university (U.S. citizenship is not required).
‣ Award No:Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Monthly allowance (up to 1400 euros/month, depending on other sources of funding); Round trip ticket to France -Support for health insurance abroad
‣ The Chateaubriand Fellowship in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Health for doctoral students aims to initiate or reinforce collaborations, partnerships or joint projects between French and American research teams.
‣ The STEM Chateaubriand Fellowship supports PhD students registered in an American university who wish to conduct part of their doctoral research in a French laboratory.This fellowship is offered by the Office for Science & Technology (OST) of the Embassy of France in Washington in partnership with American universities and French research organizations such as Inserm and Inria. It is a partner of the National Science Foundation’s GROW program.
‣ Student be currently working on your PhD.
‣ Student be a registered in an American university (U.S. citizenship is not required).
‣ All STEM and Health research topics are eligible.
‣ Research should be performed in a French laboratory (university, engineering school, public research laboratory…).
‣ Student U.S. and French advisors must agree to co-supervise part of your thesis.
‣ Knowledge of French is not mandatory and is left to the discretion of the host institution.
‣ Co-sponsorship by a candidate’s American university or French host institution is encouraged.
Selection criteria for STEM Chateaubriand Fellowship
‣ Academic relevance of the research project
‣ Student’s command of the subject
‣ Benefits of a research trip to France for the future of the collaboration
‣ Background of the research collaboration
‣ Contribution of the project to France/U.S. academic exchange
‣ Students will be notified in May 2015.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 20, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.