SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships is funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for the citizens or permanent resident of Canada. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Canadian or foreign universities and research institutions | Canada
Level: Postdoctoral Program
Field(s): Social Sciences and Humanities.
Deadline: October 2, 2013.
Funded By: The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted
for Citizens (or permanent resident of Canada by the application deadline) of Canada.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are tenable for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months. The award may begin on the first of any month between May 2014 and January 2015.
‣ Scholarship covers: SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $40,500 per year. These are taxable, non-renewable fellowships.
‣ The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Postdoctoral Fellowships proposals are expected to respond to the objectives put forward the call for proposals for the Talent program.
‣ This Postdoctoral Fellowship supports the most promising Canadian new scholars in the social sciences and humanities and assist them in establishing a research base at an important time in their research careers.
‣ Fellowships will normally be awarded to candidates affiliated with a university other than that which awarded the PhD.
‣ SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship awards are tenable at Canadian or foreign universities and research institutions.
‣ The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Postdoctoral Fellowships provide stipendiary support to recent PhD graduates who are:
To apply for SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships , applicants must meet the following criteria:
‣ be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada (by the application deadline);
‣ have earned a first doctorate from a recognized university no earlier than October 1, 2011 (date all degree requirements were completed, not the date of graduation), or
‣ have completed a first doctorate no earlier than October 1, 2008, but have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of maternity, child rearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities;
‣ not hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position;
‣ have finalized arrangements for affiliation with a recognized university or research institution;
‣ have applied not more than twice before to the Postdoctoral Fellowships funding opportunity;
‣ not be applying in the 2013-14 academic year to the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships program or the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Postdoctoral Fellowships program; and
‣ not have already received a postdoctoral award (including a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR.
‣ Applicants who obtain their PhD from a foreign university are eligible to apply only if they wish to hold their award at a Canadian university.
‣ Applicants are eligible to apply to hold their award at a foreign university only if their PhD was earned at a Canadian university.
‣ The following criteria and scoring scheme are used by the multidisciplinary committees to evaluate SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship applications:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must complete and submit only one application form, together with the CV and the required attachments. Instructions for filling out the application form and CV are available within the form used by applicants to create their online submission.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 02 October 2013.
It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
‣ SSHRC informs all applicants of the outcome of their applications in February of each year. Results are not provided by telephone or email.
‣ For more information about the SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships funding opportunity, please visit the Resource Centre. If you have additional questions, please contact:SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Canada, Featured, Fellowships, Government, Humanities, Social Sciences