Sri Lankan Government Scholarships . Each year, Government of Sri Lanka offers 100 scholarships for foreign students to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degree commencing in December 2013 in Sri Lanka. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sri Lanka
Level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate degree.
Field(s): for courses of studies other than Medical & Dental Sciences.
Deadline: 15.10. 2013.
Funded By: Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Sri Lankan Government Scholarships are targeted for Students of Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bhutan, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Canada, China, Cuba, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, The Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Swaziland, Sweden, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA and Vietnam.
‣ Award No: 100 scholarships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for the whole duration of the course.
‣ Scholarship covers:
Sri Lankan Government Scholarships
‣ Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka under the Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships for Foreign Students for the academic year 2013 and the courses are to commence in December 2013.
‣ Since this is a government to government scholarship programme, candidates should apply for this scholarship with the recommendation of the government scholarship nominating agency (Ministry/Institution) of the respective country.
To avail Sri Lankan Government Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Be a citizen of a country covered by this scholarship (A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply).
‣ Candidates with impressive result of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka.
‣ Applicants are advised to attach to their applications the original letter obtained from the Examinations Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E.
‣ (A/L) Examination conducted in Sri Lanka or the G.C.E. A/L examination of University of London or qualifications required for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor degree.
‣ Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same setting under a recognized Board of Examination.
‣ Age: Be less than 25 years of age on 15.10.2013
‣ Applicants should possess a first degree from a recognized university with good academic merit to enroll a masters degree and for PhD studies, a Master/MPhil degree is required in addition to the first degree.
‣ Age: Be less than 45 years of age on 15.10.2013
‣ Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, i.e. a minimum score of 525 on TOEFL or 6.0 on IELTS for undergraduate studies.
‣ For Masters or PhD, the required marks should be a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL or 6.5 on IELTS.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Each applicant should submit dully perfected 04 sets of applications (one original) along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency by post.
‣ Each application should be recommended by the government nominating agency by filling out the section 09 B of the application
‣ The government nominating agency of the applicant should submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in his/her country for forwarding the same to the Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka.
‣ In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in his /her country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly.
‣ Required documents:
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 15 october 2013.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...