Society for Humanities Fellowships at Cornell University , USA, and applications are submitted till October 1, 2017. Cornell University announces Humanities fellowships to work on topics related to the year’s theme. Applicants must have received the PhD degree before January 1, 2017 . Their approach to the humanities should be broad enough to appeal to students and scholars in several humanistic disciplines. Each Society Fellow will receive $45,000. Applicants living outside North America are eligible for an additional $2,000 to assist with travel costs. The duration of award is one academic year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: It is a one year fellowship program.
Field(s): Fellows should be working on topics related to the year’s theme. The focal theme for 2018-2019 is “CORRUPTION.”
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Funded By: Cornell University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Society for Humanities Fellowships are targeted for US citizens
to eight Fellows will be appointed.
fellowships are held for one academic year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each Society Fellow will receive $45,000. Applicants living outside North America are eligible for an additional $2,000 to assist with travel costs.
focal theme for 2018-2019 is “TIME.” Six to eight Fellows will be
Fellows will collaborate with the Director of the Society for the
Humanities, Timothy Murray, Professor of Comparative Literature and
English and Curator of the Rose Goldsen Archive of New Media Art, an
international research center on new media.
Senior Scholars in Residence will be Cathy N. Davidson, Director,
Futures Initiative, Graduate Center, City University of New York and
CoFounder HASTAC, Tejumola Olaniyan, Louise Durham Mead Professor of
English, University of Wisconsin, Madison, and Elizabeth A.
Povinelli, Franz Boas Professor of Anthropology, Columbia University.
‣ Fellows should be working on topics related to the year’s theme.
‣ Their approach to the humanities should be broad enough to appeal to students and scholars in several humanistic disciplines.
‣ Applicants must have received the Ph.D. degree before January 1, 2017.
‣ The Society for the Humanities will not consider applications from scholars who received the Ph.D. after this date.
‣ Applicants must also have one or more years of teaching experience, which may include teaching as a graduate student.
‣ Awards will be announced by the end of December 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
To apply, go to:
The following application materials must be submitted via AJO fellowship #9274 on or before OCTOBER 1, 2017. Any other method of applying will not be accepted.
1. A curriculum vitae
2. A one-page abstract describing the research project the applicant would like to pursue during the term of the fellowship (no more than 300 words)
3. A detailed statement of the research project (1,000 – 2,000 words). Applicants may also include a one-page bibliography of the most essential materials to the project.
4. A course proposal for a seminar related to the applicant’s research. Seminars meet two hours per week for one semester and enrollment is limited to fifteen advanced undergraduates and graduate students. The course proposal should consist of:
a. A brief course description suitable for the University course catalog (50-125 words)
b. A detailed course proposal (up to 300 words)
c. A list of the essential texts for the course
5. One scholarly paper (no more than 35 pages in length)
6. Two letters of recommendation from senior colleagues to whom candidates should send their research proposal and teaching proposal. Letters of recommendation should include an evaluation of the candidate’s proposed research and teaching statements. Please ask referees to submit their letters directly through the application link. Letters must be submitted on or before OCTOBER 1, 2017.
To apply, go to:
Awards will be announced by the end of December 2017.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Note: Extensions for applications will not be granted. The Society will consider only fully completed applications. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that ALL documentation is complete, and that referees submit their letters of recommendation to the Society before the closing date.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 1, 2017 .
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This article is sponsored by the book, "Cellulite FACTOR" from Dr. Charles.
Dr. Charles has been helping men and women permanently eliminate cellulite for most of his professional career. In fact and through the course of several years of relentless testing and refinement, Dr. Charles developed a comprehensive cellulite-eliminating system from A-to-Z. From purging toxins to transitioning to a healthy diet and lifestyle, this incredible resource has everything you need to fight and win the battle against cellulite. Find More==>[http://www.cellulitefactor.com]