Skoll Scholarships for MBA Programme at University of Oxford in UK , and scholarships are submitted till 9 March 2018 (Stage 4). The Saïd Business School of University of Oxford is offering Skoll Scholarships for MBA students to pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. Skoll Centre offers five scholarships every year. The Scholarship is intended to provide college and course fees of £44,150. Additional funds are provided as a contribution towards living expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Saïd Business School, University of Oxford| UK
Field(s): MBA students who want to pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
9 March 2018 (Stage 4).
Funded By: Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Skoll Scholarships are targeted for students of any nationality
to five scholarships every year.
Skoll Scholarship covers full costs of Saïd Business School tuition
and college fees (£44,150). The Scholarship also covers partial
living expenses based on need, up to an additional £8,000. Students
will be responsible for meeting the financial guarantee by other
means necessary. In exceptional cases, the Scholarship Committee may
consider requests for full scholarship coverage including the
Skoll Scholarships are competitive
scholarship for incoming MBA students who pursue entrepreneurial
solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
Scholarship provides funding and exclusive opportunities to meet with
world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors. Once
selected, these students are known as Skoll Skollars.
Skoll Scholarship provides tuition for entrepreneurs who have set up
or have been working in entrepreneurial ventures with a social
purpose, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented
practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social
‣ The Scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in social ventures rather than the commercial or public sectors.
‣ You must have started and grown a social venture that has been running for at least 12 months or have been responsible for leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within that venture.
‣ You must demonstrate some evidence of your need for the Scholarship (e.g. circumstances that make self-funding the MBA a significant financial burden).
‣ You must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of the community within which you work. You will need to illustrate why a business degree at this stage of your career can help amplify your impact.
‣ You must demonstrate evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with social entrepreneurial leadership such as: persistence in pursuit of a social/environmental benefit goal, a bias toward action rather than reflection, a willingness to take personal risks, a habit of developing a network and using it to pursue mutual goals, and a tendency to explore the environment for opportunities and resources.
Selection Criteria for Skoll Scholarships
‣ The Scholarship Committee assesses need based on previous earnings, geographical location, and future earning potential.
Scholarship Application Method
Applying for the Skoll Scholarship
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA programme.
Follow these steps:
1. Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
2. Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1 and 2 of the MBA admissions process for the 2018-19 academic year. All the information about the programme and relevant deadlines can be found here.
3. Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
4. The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA programme, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
5. Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
6. Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
7. That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you’ll be invited to join a Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee. If you are successful after your skype interview, you will be invited to interview in person in Oxford. (Please see below for the steps and timelines of each interview stage; and please be aware you may be invited to further interviews if necessary.)
We encourage you to apply to the MBA as early as possible. If you have applied during stage 2, but the decision on your MBA application has been pushed back by the School’s Admissions Team you will need to let us know if you still want to be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship. We will decide on a case by case basis if you are eligible to continue with the Scholarship application process.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:
Timelines for the 2018-19 academic year are as follows:
Apply for the Oxford Saïd MBA during stages 1 or 2=>Apply by 5 January 2018 (at the latest)
MBA final decision from Oxford Saïd=>9 March 2018 (at the latest)
Skoll Scholarship online application sent to candidates=>12 March 2018
Skoll Scholarship online application deadline=>25 March 2018
Skoll Scholarship skype interview decision announced=>9 April 2018
Skype interviews=>Mid-April 2018 (to be confirmed)
In person interviews in Oxford=>Mid-June 2018 (to be confirmed)
Skoll Scholarship final decision=>20 June 2018
Important things to note
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.