SKA SA Postdoctoral Fellowship. The National Research Foundation is funding Square Kilometre Array-South Africa (SKA-SA) award for international students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: Post-Doctoral Level
Deadline: 30 September 2013.
Funded By: The Square Kilometre Array-South Africa (SKA-SA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): SKA SA Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for International.
(It is open to applicants of all nationalities, although priority may be given to citizens of South Africa and its SKA African partner countries)Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration:The fellowship is tenable for a year, renewable for a 2nd year subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding.
‣ Scholarship covers:The successful candidate will be expected to work with the SKA research team in the Department.
‣ A post-doctoral fellowship is available in this field.
‣ The scope of the work is fairly broad, and includes topics such as antenna analysis, design and metrology, radio frequency interference, radio interferometry, and calibration and imaging, with an emphasis on the use of high performance computing as an enabling technology for compute-intensive problems.
‣ The successful candidate will be expected to work with the SKA research team in the Department. Applications are herewith invited.
‣ The starting date is 1 January 2014, or as soon as possible thereafter; in exceptional cases, an earlier starting date may be possible.
Candidates for SKA SA Postdoctoral Fellowship:
‣ A PhD in electronic engineering, focusing on engineering electromagnetics at RF and microwave frequencies, and/or radio astronomy. (The PhD should have been obtained within the last 5 years)
‣ Good communication skills in English (both written and verbal).
‣ Strong recommendations would include experience in one or more of the following areas: radio astronomy; antenna analysis, design and metrology; computational electromagnetics; high performance computing; and EMC in complex systems.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 30 September 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like