Simon Fraser University Graduate Fellowships in Canada , and applications are submitted till April 15, 2015. Simon Fraser University is offering graduate fellowships for Canadan students. To be eligible to hold a Graduate Fellowship (GF), a student must be registered as a full-time, regular (not “on-leave”) student in a master’s or doctoral program. Applicants may be eligible to receive up to a maximum of two full GFs, or four partial GFs, during an academic year (September 1–August 31). The Graduate Fellowship is a one-term award normally valued at $6,500 (effective Fall 2015). Full details"
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Field(s): subjects offered by the university.
Deadline: April 15, 2015.
Funded By: Simon Fraser University, Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Simon Fraser University Graduate Fellowships are targeted for Canadian students
‣ Award No: There are number of full or partial graduate fellowships available. Applicants may be eligible to receive up to a maximum of two full GFs, or four partial GFs, during an academic year (September 1–August 31).
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Graduate Fellowship (GF) is a one-term award.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Graduate Fellowship is valued at $6,500 (effective Fall 2015).
‣ The Simon Fraser University Graduate Fellowships (GF) is a one-term award normally valued at $6,500 (effective Fall 2015). Academic units, however, have the option of awarding partial GFs (.5) valued at $3,250 (effective Fall 2015).
‣ Eligible students must have a minimum first-class (3.50) cumulative grade point average. In exceptional cases, other evidence of outstanding ability may outweigh this criterion. Since academic merit is the primary criterion for ranking eligible applicants, departments must notify all applicants in advance if additional criteria will be used.
‣ Students will be eligible to hold a GF only during the first 9 semesters of a Master’s program and during the first 15 semesters of a Ph.D. program.
‣ Students who did not complete a Master’s program before transferring into a Phd are eligible to hold the GF within the first 15 semesters of their PhD, from the PhD start date.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Eligible students apply through their department of enrolment by completing an application through the Graduate Award, Application and Adjudication System (GA3).
‣ It is the student’s responsibility attach any required documents/transcripts and submit it online by the deadline.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 15, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.