Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) Program for Master’s Students, and applications are submitted till 15 August 2016. Applications are invited for Asian Peace builders Scholarship (APS), a dual campus Master of Arts programme available for the students from all over Asia. This 18 – 21 months (depending on English proficiency) intensive academic programme begins in March 2017. The scholarship begins when the student travels to Manila for the English Language Training and concludes after the final graduation. Scholarship covers all tuition fees, the language-training module, academic materials, air travel, living expenses and basic insurance during the period of studies.
School(Institutions/ Country):University for Peace (UPEACE), and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU) | Costa Rica and Philippines (field project should be taken in Asia)
Level: master’s degree
Field(s): The programme offers specialized language training for candidates with intermediate and advanced levels of English proficiency and includes MA Coursework in an area related to peace building (11 specializations available), MA Coursework with an Asian perspective and the design and implementation of an 8-week intensive field project.
Deadline: 15 August 2016.
Funded By: The Nippon Foundation, the UN Mandated University for Peace (UPEACE) and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship is targeted for Students from all over Asia: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea North, Korea South, Kuwait Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal,
Oman Pakistan, The Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen can apply for this Asian Peacebuilders scholarship (but preference will be given to those countries where English is not widely spoken, particularly: Japan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka and the Philippines).
‣ Award No: Thirty admitted applicants will be granted a full scholarship, provided by the Nippon Foundation.
‣ Scholarship Duration: This 18 – 21 months (depending on English proficiency) intensive academic programme begins in March 2017. The scholarship begins when the student travels to Manila for the English Language Training and concludes after the final graduation. In the event that the student leaves the programme early, either by their own choice or as a result of failing to meet academic requirements, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
‣ Scholarship covers: This Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship includes all tuition fees, the language-training module, academic materials, air travel, living expenses and basic insurance during the period of studies.
‣ The Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS), a Dual Campus Master of Arts Programme, is a shared initiative of The Nippon Foundation, the UN Mandated University for Peace (UPEACE), and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU).
‣ The objective of the programme is to train young Asian professionals to become peace building practitioners, ready to take up leading positions in their organizations.
‣ The APS offers theoretical and practical post graduate education to young Asian professionals from diverse cultures and backgrounds, providing them with a deep understanding of the central issues of peace building.
‣ Participants will broaden their knowledge base and will be able to engage with the major concepts, themes and debates within peace studies, preparing themselves for work with NGOs, governments, aid agencies, the UN and other organizations.
‣ Furthermore, this programme empowers participants to conceptualize the key challenges faced by the international community, as well as the most promising potential areas and courses of action through an interdisciplinary and multicultural perspective.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15 August 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.