Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is delighted to sponsors the SPDC N Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States. Applications are open until January 14 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience, Petroleum Geophysics
Deadline: January 14 2014
Funded By: The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship is targeted for Nigerian Students
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship covers: a) Tuition fees b) One return flight from Nigeria to the UK c) Contribution towards living expenses only* *Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities Annual Rates and are limited to this.
‣ The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is delighted to sponsors the SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States.
‣ The main objective of the scholarship scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
To qualify for the Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship, applicants must:
‣ display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
‣ meet the university’s language requirement (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS);
‣ be aged between 21-28 years;
‣ be an indigene of rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required);
‣ currently reside in Nigeria;
‣ intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study;
‣ have obtained a university degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree);
‣ be neither a current nor former employee (having left employment within the last five years) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or Karamat Ltd., or be related to current employees of any of these companies;
‣ not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country.
‣ In order to be considered for the scholarship, candidates must apply to study on one of the three eligible programmes through the standard Imperial College admission procedure by 24 January 2014.
‣ Candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted by the department and advised to complete a scholarship application form.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...