Shariah Scholarship Awards for International Students, and applications are submitted till 1 March 2015. The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) is inviting applications for scholarship awards from International students to study in Malaysia and abroad. This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate and CIFP (only for those with Shariah background) programme at recognized institutions of higher learning. Applicants have to secure admission at a recognized institution of higher learning. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Malaysia and Abroad
Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate , postgraduate (Master or Doctorate) and CIFP (only for those with Shariah background) programme at recognized institutions of higher learning.
Field(s): Shari’ah or Islamic finance studies equivalent.
Deadline: 1 March 2015.
Funded By: The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Shariah Scholarship Awards are targeted for citizens of all countries.
‣ Award No: Not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship covers all related academic fees, subsistence allowance, books, equipment and end of study or thesis/dissertation completion assistance. For those studying outside Malaysia, return airfare, warm clothing and relocation assistance shall also be provided.
‣ This year, the International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) invites qualified students with excellent academic achievements and active in co-curricular activities to apply for the Shari’ah Scholarship Award (SA) to pursue their higher education at either local or overseas universities.
‣ The Shariah Scholarship Awards is part of the Fund for Shari’ah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance knowledge, research, talents, and intellectual discourse in the field of Shari’ah in Islamic Finance.
‣ The Fund represents Bank Negara Malaysia’s commitment to strengthen the development of the Islamic financial industry.
‣ Applicant shall have appropriate Shari’ah background;
‣ The scholarship is open to citizens of all countries;
‣ Applicants have to secured admission at a recognised institution of higher learning;
‣ Applicants are required to pursue either a bachelor, CIFP , master or doctorate programme, as defined above, in a fulltime mode;
‣ Applicants are required to obtain a CGPA of at least 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or 4.5 (on a 5.0 scale) or 80% (on a 100 point scale);
‣ Current students enrolled in the programmes specified above may also apply for the scholarship;
‣ Applicants should not be in receipt of any other scholarship award or financial assistance.
Notification for Shariah Scholarship Awards
‣ Only shortlisted candidates shall be informed of the interview session via e-mail.
‣ If you do not receive any news from us within two (2) months of the date of application submission, your application is deemed to be unsuccessful.
‣ Please ensure that all contact details provided in the application form are accurate. We will get in touch with you via your email account.
‣ Applicants can apply by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 March 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.