SFIAR Award in Agricultural Research in Switzerland , and applications are submitted till 15th July 2014. The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) is offering award in agricultural research. This award is available for graduates and scientists of a Swiss institution who work in agricultural research for development for pursuing PhD or postdoctoral level. Awards are open for the students of Developing Countries. The prize sum of the SFIAR Award is CHF 5’000 for a PhD or Postdoctoral project and CHF 10’000 for a team project. The Award is offered annually. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland
Level: PhD or Postdoctoral Degree
Field(s): Agricultural research for development (ARD).
Deadline: 15th July 2014.
Funded By: The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): SFIAR Award in Agricultural Research is targeted for The students of Developing Countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro,
Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this award.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: The prize sum of the SFIAR Award is CHF 5’000 for a PhD or Post Doc project and CHF 10’000 for a team project. The Award is offered annually. Based on a recommendation by the Selection Committee the SFIAR may decide that the award for a particular year will be restricted to one category only, i.e. young researcher/PhD/Post Doc or team, and that further restrictions may also be applied. The SFIAR Award 2014 is restricted to PhD or Post Doc projects. In addition the best Master thesis project will be awarded with CHF 1’000.
‣ The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) offers an annual SFIAR Award in Agricultural Research Award for graduates and scientists of a Swiss institution who work in agricultural research for development.
‣ With this award the SFIAR aims to support relevant agricultural research for development (ARD) and to promote knowledge on and visibility of Swiss ARD.
‣ Eligibility for the SFIAR Award is research that has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution involved in ARD;
‣ Candidates should have appropriate linkages in developing countries;
‣ Research has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago (for Master Thesis Award: thesis not older than 18 months).
‣ The main selection criteria are: -research quality; -demonstration of potential for development impact; -compliance with criteria defined under “Scope”; -presentation.
‣ Applicants are required to apply by email or post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th July 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.