SEAMEO Australia Education Links Award. Call for 2013 Applications has now announced. Full details:
School (Institution / Country): Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) and Australia
Field(s): projects or proposals that demonstrate one or more of the following: ‣ effective and inspiring efforts of individuals, groups of people, education institutions or organisations to improve education cooperation and linkages across the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization region and between Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization member countries and Australia; -recognition of diversity of individuals and sectors in promoting cross; ‣ border partnerships on education and thereby inter-cultural understanding; ‣ support to integration/regionalization of education while promoting the importance of and respect for local wisdom.
Deadline:15 September 2013.
Funded By: Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization and the Government of Australia
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students from Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Member Countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam).
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. Awards: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: -The winner will receive a grant worth AUD$10,000, which is expected to support activities in relation to the winning innovative idea or project. -The winner will be awarded a Plaque of Recognition at the 36th SEAMEO High Officials’ Meeting in November 2013 in Thailand. -The winner will receive a round-trip economy air ticket from his/her home country to Thailand, including pre-determined accommodation and stipend to receive a plaque of recognition. -The proposed use of the grant must be set out by the applicant in the application. Activities may include participation in conferences; delivery of training courses; academic exchange programs; cooperation between education institutions; internship program; expansion of an existing project; purchase of project-related materials and equipment; and other related activities. The winner will be expected to provide a report to Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization , including information on how the grant money was used.
‣ A joint initiative of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization and the Government of Australia to promote education links between SEAMEO and Australia in Southeast Asia and beyond.
‣ For eleven years, Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization and the Government of Australia jointly organized theSoutheast Asian Ministers of Education Organization-Australia Press Award which gave recognition to excellent coverage of education issues by journalists and educators in Southeast Asia.
‣ The project has paved the way for greater discussion on many facets of education including challenges in providing quality education for all; as well as the promotion of cooperation in education between Southeast Asia and Australia.
‣ In keeping with the aim of promoting beneficial education cooperation between the peoples of Southeast Asia and Australia, the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization and the Government of Australia launch the First Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization-Australia Education Links Award (2013).
‣ The award is open to any national (natural person or body corporate) of a SEAMEO Member Country. The Member Countries are Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam.
‣ The applicant, where a natural person, must be at least 18 years old.
‣ Members of the Secretariat, the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Regional Centres and their employees and families are not qualified to apply for this Award. ‣ By submitting an entry, the applicant gives the Australian Government permission to use the information submitted including photos for publication purposes.
The evaluation will be based on the merit of the proposal as indicated by: -Innovation, practicability and originality of the proposal ‣ Scope for replication, expansion or duplication of the proposal;
‣ Value for money and sustainability;
‣ Benefit and relevance to the Southeast Asia region through the transfer of new ideas, broadened educational opportunities, improvements to education quality, formation of long-term people-to-people links and improvements to mutual understanding to the benefit of all parties.
Scholarships Application Method:
‣ Applications can be sent via post or by email.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 15 September 2013.
‣ Winners will be announced on October 1, 2013. The winner will be notified by the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Secretariat and such notification will include information for the winner on the award ceremony and his/her attendance at the ceremony. The winner will be awarded a Plaque of Recognition at the 36th Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization High Officials’ Meeting in November 2013 in Thailand.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, Asia, Australia, Award, Brunei Darussalam, Combodia, Government, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, projects, SEAMEO, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam