Schlumberger Foundation is offering fellowships for women from developing countries or emerging economies. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Level: PhD or Post Doctoral Degree
Field(s): Physical sciences, engineering and technology.
Deadline: November 8th, 2013 Note: The Schl. foundation is accepting applications for the 2014–2015 faculty for the future fellowships from September 9th 2013.
Funded By: Schlumberger Foundation
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Faculty for the future grants are based on actual costs up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year and may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation and recommendations from supervisors.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship is targeted for women applicants of a developing country or emerging economy.
‣ The long-term goal of the Faculty for the Future program is to generate conditions that result in more women pursuing academic careers in scientific disciplines thus contributing to the socioeconomic development of their home countries and regions.
‣ The Faculty for the Future program is growing each year and has become a powerful community of 257 women scientists from 62 countries.
‣ Grant recipients are selected as much for their leadership capabilities as for their scientific talents.
‣ Ultimately they are expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers, to further their research, to teach and to become inspirational role models for other young women.
To be eligible to apply for Schlumberger Foundation Fellowships pplicants must meet the following criteria:
‣ are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country;
‣ are preparing for a PhD, or postdoctoral study in the physical sciences, engineering and related disciplines;
‣ are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where an individual has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the University abroad (not from the home country university); -hold an excellent academic record;
‣ can demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women into the sciences;
‣ are willing to contribute to the socio-economic development of your home country and region by strengthening the faculties in your home universities, pursuing relevant research, or using your specific expertise to address public policy matters.
‣ A successful application will have gone through four selection rounds, with the reviewers paying particular attention to the following criteria:
‣ The results are usually available on the application Web site by the end of March every year. Awarded applicants will then receive a personal e-mail.
‣ Unsuccessful applicants will usually receive a formal letter by the end of April.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The s c h l u m b e r g e r foundation is accepting applications for the 2014–2015 faculty for the future fellowships from September 9th to November 15th, 2013 for new applications, from September 9th to November 8th, 2013 for renewal applications.
You may also like