SCCF Scholarships for Masters Students from India and Abroad , and applications are submitted till 25 April 2015. Sindicatum Climate Change Foundation is awarding scholarships for Masters students to study at TERI University. These scholarships are available to 4 students (2 from India and 2 from abroad). Selection is based on a merit (rank in the entrance examination for Indian students, and previous academic records for international students) cum means criteria. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): TERI University| India
Level: masters degree programme (M.Sc)
Field(s): Climate Science and Policy, Environmental Studies and Resource Management, Geoinformatics, Economics, Renewable Energy Engineering and Management, Water Science and Governance and Sustainable Development Practice.
Deadline: 25 April 2015
Funded By: Sindicatum Climate Change Foundation (SCCF), Singapore
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): SCCF Scholarships are targeted for Indian and international students can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Scholarships are available to 4 students (2 from India and 2 from abroad) every year, for studying at TERI University.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Continuation of the scholarship for every semester will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding semester as per the rules and regulations of the University.
‣ Scholarship covers: -For Indian Students: The scholarship would entitle the selected candidates to a 100% fee waiver. In addition, scholarship holders would be entitled to a book grant of Rs 15,000 per year which will be given in two installments.
-For Foreign Students: The selected foreign students would be entitled to get complete waiver of tuition fees and allied fees, a book grant of Rs. 15,000/- (will be given in two installments), living expenses at Rs 25,000/- per month, which will be paid at the beginning of each month during their period of study and reimbursement of air fare to New Delhi and back from their place of residence (Subject to a maximum of Rs. 60,000/-)
‣ As a part of its “Redfort” project, Sindicatum Climate Change Foundation (SCCF), awards SCCF Scholarships to 4 students (2 from India and 2 from abroad) every year, for studying at TERI University.
‣ Selection is based on a merit (rank in the entrance examination for Indian students, and previous academic records for international students) cum means criteria.
‣ In addition, all applicants are required to submit an essay indicating their career aspirations and goals.
‣ This will be considered in the selection process. Continuation of the scholarship in the second and subsequent semesters will depend on successful completion of the courses during the preceding semester and maintaining the requisite Grade Point Average as per the rules and regulations of the University.
‣ Short listed applicants will be interviewed telephonically both by the TERI University and by the Foundation.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Desirous candidates are invited to simultaneously apply for the master’s programme AND the SCCF Scholarships while filling up the admissions application form.
‣ International students will not be required to go through the on-line entrance, test, but will submit an essay indicating their career aspirations and goals.
‣ For Indian students: Applicants desirous of applying for the SCCF scholarship need to submit a separate plain paper application indicating the total family income. The following are to be attached with the application.
‣ An essay (maximum 1000 words) expressing their future aspirations and how they see a masters programme at the TERI University helping them meet those aspirations.
‣ Proof of income of the family.
‣ Note: Indian students are required to fill admission application form through proper channel. Candidates who successfully clear the University eligibility criteria (including entrance examination and interview) can only apply for this scholarship after the declaration of results.
‣ For International Students: Applicants desirous of applying for the SCCF scholarship need to submit a separate plain paper application. The following is to be attached with the application form: An essay (maximum 1000 words) expressing their future aspirations and how they see a masters programme at the TERI University helping them meet those aspirations and Scanned filled admission application form. Completed applications should be sent to the correspondence address.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 25 April 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.