SAWISE (The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering) and the Hope Network is funding S scholarships for sub-Saharan women applicants. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: This scholarship is for pursuing 4th year [e.g. BSc (Honors) or equivalent] of study at tertiary level.
Field(s): Science and Engineering. Medical fields are also included.
Deadline: 30 November, 2013.
Funded By: The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering and the Hope Network
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship duration is of one year, full-time study.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship covers value p.a.: R10 000.
‣ Please note that these are ONLY for females and ONLY for 4th year [e.g. BSc (Honors) or equivalent] of study at tertiary level. 1. The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering Angus Scholarship (Download scholarship information in .pdf format). 2. SAWISE Hope Scholarship.
‣ Eligibility criteria include for SAWISE Angus Scholarship include:
i. A sub-Saharan black female.
ii. Must have achieved 70% or above grade average in her subject of study.
iii. Only for study at Honors level (or 4th year equivalent e.g. in engineering).
iv. In any field of science and engineering.
‣ Eligibility criteria for S Hope Scholarship include:
i. A South African female student. ii. Must have achieved an academic average of over 65%.
iii. Only for studies at Honors level (or 4th year equivalent e.g. in engineering).
iv. In any field of science and engineering. Medical fields are also included.
v. Candidates must exhibit outstanding personal qualities and a strong desire to make a contribution to their respective fields and to society at large.
vi. Must be studying at one of the following institutions: University of Cape Town, University of Johannesburg, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Pretoria, University of Stellenbosch, University of the Witwatersrand, and University of the Western Cape.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of applying is by post. Applications for these scholarships must include hard copies of the following:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 30 November annually.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, Engineering, scholarships, Science, South African, Sub-Saharan, women
Your first paragraph ...