Santos Scholarships is offered by UCL Australia in partnership with industry for five MSc scholarships for full time study in Energy and Resources Management. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UCL School of Energy and Resources, Australia |Australia
Level: Master's Degree
Field(s): Energy and Resources Management
Deadline: 30 August 2013.
Funded By: UCL Australia in partnership with industry
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for Australian and international students.
‣ Award No: Each year the UCL School of Energy and Resources, Australia awards up to five Santos Scholarships to the most outstanding students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Santos Scholarships are tenable for two years (full time), subject to continued satisfactory academic progress (achieving a grade average of 60% or better in first year). The Scholarship cannot be deferred.
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ UCL Australia offers highly competitive Santos Scholarships to the most outstanding applicants for full-time study for the Master of Science in Energy and Resources Management.
‣ The S Scholarships are now available for students commencing their studies from February 2014.
To be eligible for this Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Applicants are required to have a minimum of a second class (upper division) United Kingdom Bachelor’s Honours degree,
‣ an Australian Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent international qualification.
‣ The degree held should be in an appropriate discipline (e.g. engineering, information technology, economics, science, law or business).
‣ Alternatively, an Australian Bachelor degree plus at least five years of work experience in a relevant industry or government sector (e.g. energy or resource company, policy organisation or regulatory body) is acceptable.
‣ The scholarship is open to Australian and international students to study full-time on the MSc in Energy and Resources Management programme.
‣ The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and potential. Financial circumstances are not taken into account.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants who wish to be considered for a S Scholarship must apply online. Applicants are also required to submit an essay and the essay topic will vary with every intake.
‣ For the February 2014 intake, the essay requires students to critically analyze the following statement: “Renewable energy sources within Australia will be able to meet base load electricity demand by 2030.” Discuss this statement.
‣ This essay should be no more than 500 words (including footnotes, but excluding references) and will be checked for plagiarism using Turnitin®. Applicants who are shortlisted for a Santos Scholarship on the basis of their academic qualifications will be ranked according to the quality and originality of their essay.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 30 August 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Australia , International, Management, Master , MSc, scholarships