Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships in UK, and applications are submitted till 1st November 2016. Applications are invited for Said Foundation Scholarships available for Postgraduate study at master level at UK universities. Applications are restricted to candidates who are Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian nationals ordinarily resident in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine or Israel. Priority is given to candidates permanently living in the Foundation’s target countries. The Said Foundation offers a number of full-cost postgraduate scholarships annually. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): |UK
Level: postgraduate degree level
Field(s): all disciplines.
Deadline: 1st November 2016
Funded By: Said Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships are targeted for applications are restricted to candidates who are Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian nationals ordinarily resident in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine or Israel.
‣ No. of awards: The Said Foundation offers twenty postgraduate scholarships annually.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Scholarships are offered for one year and two year postgraduate courses and for doctoral research (DPhil/PhD).
‣Value of Scholarship : The Said Foundation offers a number of full-cost postgraduate scholarships annually.
‣ The Said Foundation offers a number of full-cost Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships annually at Oxford and Cambridge universities to outstanding individuals who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and innovators of change.
are offered for one year and two year postgraduate courses and for
doctoral research (DPhil/PhD).
are no restrictions on academic subjects but priority will be given
to candidates who can demonstrate that their subject will enable them
to contribute to the development of their home country.
‣ Priority is given to candidates permanently living in the Foundation’s target countries. The Foundation will, however, consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in Syria;
‣ Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships are offered for postgraduate study only. Applications for undergraduate study cannot be considered.
‣ For DPhil/PhD scholarships:For DPhil/PhD scholarships: Priority will be given to candidates who hold a teaching post at a university in their home country and who can clearly demonstrate the need for the proposed research in their home country;
‣ Evidence of proficiency in English must be provided and must be at the level required by Oxford or Cambridge;
‣ Applicants must hold a first degree of a high enough standard to indicate that they are likely to complete their proposed course of study at Oxford or Cambridge successfully;
‣ Applicants cannot be considered if they have not followed the proper application procedures for Oxford or Cambridge and completed the Foundation’s online scholarship application form;
‣ Successful applicants are required to sign a binding undertaking to apply the skills and knowledge they have gained for the benefit of the Foundation’s target countries (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine) on completion of their course;
‣ Applicants are required to demonstrate that they have the potential to be leaders in their field.
Selection criteria for Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships
‣ Applications are carefully considered by the trustees and staff of the Foundation and external assessors.
‣ The Foundation bases its decisions on the candidate’s academic excellence, the usefulness of the subject to the applicant’s country, the applicant’s leadership potential, future career intentions and their practical ability to make use of the knowledge to be gained in the UK on their return to the Middle East.
‣ Due to the volume of applications, they regret that they are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
‣ The Foundation interviews shortlisted candidates in February/March in Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine. In exceptional circumstances, candidates may be interviewed by Skype.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online.
‣ Further details on application procedures for Oxford and Cambridge are found below:
‣ Applying to Oxford: For detailed information about Oxford’s application deadlines, supporting materials, and full guidance for completing and submitting the application form, please see Oxford’s Application Guide.Information regarding the admissions process may be repeated on other web pages; however, please note that in case of any discrepancies this Application Guide is the correct and accurate version.
‣ Information regarding 2017-18 admissions will be available on Oxford’s web pages from September 2015. Information available prior to September 2015 is a guide to entry in 2015-16 and should not be used for applications for admission in subsequent years.
‣ Applying to Cambridge: Applicants who wish to be considered for graduate admission to the University of Cambridgeand for funding offered by the Cambridge Trust (including the Said Foundation Cambridge Scholarships) for entry in October 2016
must complete and submit the ‘GRADSAF’ application form to the University’s Graduate Admissions office no later than 2 December 2015(or the course deadline, whichever is earlier).
.‣ By submitting one GRADSAF form per course applied for, candidates will be considered for:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st November 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.