Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships in UK, and Applications for our 2018/19 scholarships will be open at 09:00 (UK) on Monday 31 July until 23.59 (UK) on Wednesday 1 November 2017. Applications are invited for Said Foundation Scholarships available for Postgraduate study at master level at UK universities. Applications are restricted to candidates who are Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian nationals ordinarily resident in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine or Israel. Priority is given to candidates permanently living in the Foundation’s target countries. The Said Foundation offers a number of full-cost postgraduate scholarships annually. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): |UK
Level: postgraduate degree level
Field(s): all disciplines.
Deadline: Applications for our 2018/19 scholarships will be open at 09:00 (UK) on Monday 31 July until 23.59 (UK) on Wednesday 1 November 2017.
Funded By: Said Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships are targeted for applications are restricted to candidates who are Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanian or Palestinian nationals ordinarily resident in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine or Israel.
‣ No. of awards: The Said Foundation offers twenty postgraduate scholarships annually.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Scholarships are offered for one year and two year postgraduate courses and for doctoral research (DPhil/PhD).
‣Value of Scholarship : The Said Foundation offers a number of full-cost postgraduate scholarships annually.
‣ The Said Foundation offers a number of full-cost Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships annually at Oxford and Cambridge universities to outstanding individuals who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and innovators of change.
are offered for one year and two year postgraduate courses and for
doctoral research (DPhil/PhD).
are no restrictions on academic subjects but priority will be given
to candidates who can demonstrate that their subject will enable them
to contribute to the development of their home country.
‣ Priority is given to candidates permanently living in the Foundation’s target countries. The Foundation will, however, consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in Syria;
‣ Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships are offered for postgraduate study only. Applications for undergraduate study cannot be considered.
‣ For DPhil/PhD scholarships:For DPhil/PhD scholarships: Priority will be given to candidates who hold a teaching post at a university in their home country and who can clearly demonstrate the need for the proposed research in their home country;
‣ Evidence of proficiency in English must be provided and must be at the level required by Oxford or Cambridge;
‣ Applicants must hold a first degree of a high enough standard to indicate that they are likely to complete their proposed course of study at Oxford or Cambridge successfully;
‣ Applicants cannot be considered if they have not followed the proper application procedures for Oxford or Cambridge and completed the Foundation’s online scholarship application form;
‣ Successful applicants are required to sign a binding undertaking to apply the skills and knowledge they have gained for the benefit of the Foundation’s target countries (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine) on completion of their course;
‣ Applicants are required to demonstrate that they have the potential to be leaders in their field.
Selection criteria for Said Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships
‣ Applications are carefully considered by the trustees and staff of the Foundation and external assessors.
‣ The Foundation bases its decisions on the candidate’s academic excellence, the usefulness of the subject to the applicant’s country, the applicant’s leadership potential, future career intentions and their practical ability to make use of the knowledge to be gained in the UK on their return to the Middle East.
‣ Due to the volume of applications, they regret that they are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
‣ The Foundation interviews shortlisted candidates in February/March in Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine. In exceptional circumstances, candidates may be interviewed by Skype.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Candidates apply for a Saïd Foundation scholarship via our online application form.
Applications will open at 09:00 (UK) on Monday 31 July and close at 23.59 (UK) on Wednesday 1 November 2017. Applications submitted before or after these dates will not be considered.
Please ensure you read all of the guidance documents and eligibility criteria before you submit your application. Once you have submitted your application you will not be able to add any additional information so it is important that you check your answers carefully.
Candidates can only submit one application. If you accidently withdraw your application, please note that it will not be possible to reinstate it.
If you have previously applied for a Saïd Foundation scholarship but was unsuccessful you can re-apply again if you meet all of the eligibility criteria. You will need to start a brand new application and submit with all the required documentation.
If you encounter technical difficulties when completing your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Applications for our 2018/19 scholarships will be open at 09:00 (UK) on Monday 31 July until 23.59 (UK) on Wednesday 1 November 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.