Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Applicants in USA, and applications are submitted till November 5, 2016. The NASA Exoplanet Science Institute is inviting applications for Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships to begin in the fall of 2015. Fellowship duration is of three years which covers stipend, health care, moving expenses, research budget and the overhead costs of host institution. The fellowships are available for international applicants and tenable at U.S. host institutions of the fellows’ choice. Applicants must have a PhD degree in astronomy, physics. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): U.S. host institutions | USA
Level: Postdoctoral Degree
Field(s): The fellowship is awarded for the scientific and technical goals of NASA’s Exoplanet Exploration Program, namely the discovery and characterization of planetary systems and Earth-like planets around nearby stars, while at the same time broadening the research community that is actively involved in developing and applying these research techniques and technologies.
Deadline: November 5, 2016.
Funded By: The NASA Exoplanet Science Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Seven fellowships are awarded in 2016.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of the fellowship is up to three years: an initial one-year appointment and two annual renewals contingent on satisfactory performance and availability of NASA funds.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship will cover health care costs for your spouse (and any children) up to the amount available per year, but must be written into the contract. The stipend should be increased by $1000 each year.
‣ The proposed research may be theoretical, observational, or instrumental.
‣ This program is open to applicants of any nationality who have earned (or will have earned) their doctoral degrees on or after January 1, 2011, in astronomy, physics, or related disciplines.
‣ The fellowships are tenable at U.S. host institutions of the fellows’ choice, subject to a maximum of one new fellow per host institution per year (see note on host institutions below).
‣ The duration of the fellowship is up to three years: an initial one-year appointment and two annual renewals contingent on satisfactory performance and availability of NASA funds.
‣ We accept the submission of up to two host institutions.
‣ The purpose of designating first and second-choice institutions in the application are to provide the program with flexibility should there be several highly ranked applications at any single institution.
‣ Barring this circumstance, it is expected that awardees will use their Fellowships at their first-choice institutions. Note that letters of endorsement are required from each of the proposed host institutions.
applicants are those who have received a PhD in astronomy, space
physics, or related disciplines within the last 3 years.
‣ Also eligible are current PhD students who will have fulfilled all requirements to receive a PhD before the start of the funding period, typically the beginning of September. -The applicant must propose to conduct research at a university or research institution in the United States with an established program in the field of the proposed research.
‣ An established program shall be defined as at least one faculty member who is engaged in the proposed field through dedicated facilities or instruments, collaborations with existing projects or projects under development or a record of significant contributions to the field.
‣ The intent of this requirement is to guarantee the student a rich and stimulating environment rather than restricting the field of eligible institutions.
‣ Eligible applications must include a letter of endorsement from the proposed institution.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 5, 2016
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website