Rowland Junior Fellowship program. The Rowland Institute at Harvard is seeking applications for Junior Fellowships for the 2014 academic year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The Rowland Institute at Harvard | USA
Level: Research Degree
Field(s): science and engineering at Rowland Institute at Harvard in the USA
Deadline: November 15, 2013.
Funded By: Rowland Institute at Harvard
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Rowland Junior Fellowship is targeted forInternational and USA citizens.
‣ Award No: The number of Rowland Junior Fellows will equal about ten, with on average two new appointments each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration:The term of the fellowship is for up to five years, with terms beginning between July 1 and September 30.
‣ Scholarship covers:The stipend for Rowland Junior Fellows will be upwards from $65,000 per year, depending on the candidate’s experience.
‣ The Rowland Junior Fellows are selected to perform independent experimental research for five years, with full institutional support and access to the Institute’s outstanding technical and scientific resources.
‣ The number of Rowland Junior Fellows will equal about ten, with on average two new appointments each year.
To avail Rowland Junior Fellowship , candidates must meet the following:
‣ Although no rigorous requirement is placed on prior experience and career path, the typical new appointee will have just completed a PhD. or have up to two years postdoctoral experience.
‣ Non U.S. citizens are eligible for appointment as Rowland Junior Fellows. Visa requirements, of course, must be met.
‣ Candidates in all the natural sciences (physics, chemistry, biology,) as well as in engineering will be considered, with special attention given to interdisciplinary work and to the development of new experimental methods.
‣ The exact time of the decision depends on the scheduling of the visits of the final candidates (which usually numbers about 10 or 12) and the selection committee’s process of evaluation.
‣ We inform candidates that are not in the final group as soon as possible – usually by the end of December. The final selection time varies more but we aim for late February or early March.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically or by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 November 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, citizens, Fellowship, International, USA