Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships for International Students in Japan , and applications are submitted till 16 October 2017 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and fall (September/October) 2018 Enrollment. Applications are invited for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships available for International students to undertake studies at Japanese university or graduate school in Japan . International applicant must have Japanese language proficiency. Applicants must be up to 39 years of age and have scholastic and health requirements. Scholarships will be awarded for a period of two years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at Japanese University or Graduate School | Japan
Level: undergraduate , master and PhD degree programs
Field(s): all disciplines.
Deadline: 16 October 2017 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and fall (September/October) 2018 Enrollment.
Funded By: Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships are targeted for International students (Non Japanese)
‣ No. of awards: About Fourteen Scholarships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : 1) For April 2018 enrollment
‣Value of Scholarship :
‣ Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships for applicants residing abroad is for international students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese University or Graduate School. Applicants have to find out and apply a Japanese university or graduate school by themselves before they apply for this scholarship.
‣ The Foundation awards Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its scholarship fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan.
‣ The Foundation is Japan’s largest private scholarship organization, both in terms of program scale and number of scholarships awarded.
‣ Overseas students meeting all of the following requirements are eligible to apply for this Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships .
‣ Citizenship & Place of Residence Not be a citizen of Japan nor be residing in Japan.
‣ Permission for Pre-arrival Admission in Japanese University or Graduate School have either obtained or be in the process of applying for pre-arrival admission approval from the university or graduate school (under MEXT jurisdiction) to which you wish to enter as a degree student or research student and be scheduled for April 2016 or October (September) 2016 enrollment. If the applicants come to Japan to have the entrance examination (e.g., to take a written exam or interview), they must return to their residing country to apply for the scholarship.
‣ Scholastic and Health Requirements Have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goals, an awareness of and respect for cultural differences, and ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both the mental and physical health needed to sustain one’s life as an overseas exchange student.
‣ Major Field of Study: All fields are eligible.
‣ Japanese Language Ability: there are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the area where applicants’ targeted the university / graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese people.
‣ Age Up to age 39.
‣ Academic Degree
a- Persons who already hold a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for an undergraduate scholarship.
b- Persons who already hold a master’s degree are not eligible for a master’s scholarship.
c- Persons who already hold a doctoral degree are not eligible for a doctoral scholarship.
Dual Scholarships Student who will hold a scholarship from another organization when this scholarship goes into effect is not eligible to receive this one.
Past Yoneyama Scholars Persons who have held a Yoneyama scholarship in the past are not eligible for this scholarship.
Selection Criteria for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships
‣ Selections basically will be made by document review. The application documents with any defects, including your failure to file a document which should be attached to the application except for a letter of acceptance stated-above, will not be considered as the object of selection.
‣ Notification of selection results is made by email in the beginning of February 2018.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application documents should be sent by email to the foundation.
When applying, please download and use the following documents:
Scholarship Application Deadline: 16 October 2017 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and fall (September/October) 2018 Enrollment.
Note: Read the Application Guidelines thoroughly and carefully, then prepare the documents precisely. Please don’t submit any documents which are not required in the guidelines.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.