Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is offering research fellowships to creative health policy thinkers and researchers within the disciplines of economics, political science and sociology. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Research Program
Field(s): Economics, Political Science and Sociology
Deadline: October 8, 2013.
Funded By:Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for applicants who must have United States Citizens or Permanent Resident Green Card at the time of application.
‣ Award No: The Foundation will select up to 9 Scholars distributed across the three disciplines – approximately 3 economists, 3 political scientists and 3 sociologists per Scholar cohort.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Duration of fellowship program is of two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholars will receive stipends of $89,000 each year of the two-year fellowship. Scholars have access to the full range of university resources, such as faculty, libraries and computers. In addition, they receive office space, administrative staff support, a research budget, travel support, access to health insurance and a moving allowance.
‣ The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Scholars in Health Policy Research Program is intended to foster the development of a new generation of creative thinkers in health policy research within the disciplines of economics, political science and sociology.
‣ In the 2013 – 2015 cohort, the program will enable up to 9 highly qualified individuals to undertake two-year fellowships at one of three nationally prominent universities – Harvard University, the University of California-Berkeley (in collaboration with the University of California-San Francisco); and The University of Michigan.
‣ Scholars have access to the full range of university resources and receive a stipend from the University of $89,000 per year.
‣ Limited financial support is available for research-related expenses. Scholars will be free of teaching, consulting and administrative responsibilities during their time in the program.
‣ Program applicants must have received a doctoral degree in Economics, Political Science or Sociology during the time period noted below. Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously worked extensively in the areas of health or health policy research.
‣ The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Scholars in Health Policy Research program embraces diverse racial, ethnic and gender perspectives and encourages applications from candidates who come from groups that historically have been underrepresented in the three disciplines of interest (economics, political science and sociology).
‣ Receipt of Degree: Applicants must have received a doctoral degree, as noted above, after January 1, 2009 but no later than July 15, 2014.
‣ For those expecting to receive degrees in 2014, all degree requirements must be completed by July 15, 2014.
‣ Citizenship: Applicants must be United States Citizens or Permanent Resident Green Card holders at the time of application.
‣ Evaluation criteria include:
‣ Finalists will be notified by mid-December about interviews in January. Offers will be extended in February.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due on 08 October 2013 (3 PM EDT).
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like