RMIT PhD International Scholarship(RPIS) in Australia, and applications are submitted till 31 October 2016. RMIT University is offering international scholarship for undertaking a research doctoral degree. Applicants must have been offered a place in a PhD program at an Australian RMIT campus commencing in 2017. The standard duration of a research doctorate scholarship is three years full-time. Candidates may apply for an extension of up to six months subject to satisfactory progress and school approval. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): RMIT University | Australia
Level: Research Doctoral Degree
Field(s): learn any of the courses available
Deadline: 31 October 2016
Funded By: RMIT University, Australia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): RMIT PhD International Scholarship is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of an RPIS will be reduced by any periods of study undertaken towards a research degree prior to the commencement of the RMIT PhD. The standard duration of a research doctorate scholarship is three years full-time.
Candidates may apply for an extension of up to six months subject to satisfactory progress and school approval.
value of the RMIT PhD International Scholarships increase annually in
accordance with indexation. In 2014, the RMIT PhD International
Scholarship provided the following benefits:
-Tuition fees for the
standard duration of your program
-The cost of an Overseas Student
Health Cover policy for the standard duration of your program
stipend of $28,392 per annum pro rata (full-time mode) which is
equivalent to the Government APA rate of $25,392 plus an RMIT top up
-a relocation allowance for the cost of relocating in
order to take up your PhD program – up to $515 per adult and $255
per child to a maximum of $1540
-an allowance for the cost of
producing a thesis/appropriate durable record – up to $840 for a
-paid sick, maternity and parental leave (within
the limits of the Scholarship Guidelines
‣ RMIT PhD International Scholarship (RPIS) are funded by RMIT University and are awarded to International students undertaking a research Doctoral degree on the basis of academic excellence and research potential.
‣ have achieved excellent academic results;
‣ have been offered a place in a PhD program at an Australian RMIT campus commencing in 2016 ;
‣ have been offered a place that is not conditional on meeting English language requirements or provide evidence of English language proficiency and meet the English language requirement of the research program before the closing date of the scholarship application
;‣ not already hold a research qualification equivalent to an Australian research doctorate
‣ be studying in one of RMIT’s areas of research strengths
‣ provide details of any external funding for tuition or living expenses that you have received or applied for
‣ hold an Australian student visa for the term of the scholarship and comply with the conditions of the visa
Selection Criteria for RMIT PhD International Scholarship
‣ Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential.
‣ Scholarship Offers are expected to be communicated by email by the end of December 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants wishing to apply for the RPIS must have received an offer letter to a PhD program at RMIT for 2017 before applying for a scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 October 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.