Rio Tinto Funded Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Dundee in UK , and applications are submitted till 30th April 2015. Applications are invited for up to six available fully funded postgraduate scholarships leading to the Master of Laws (LLM) in Mineral Law and Policy. Applicants should already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: Master Degree Program
Field(s): Master of Laws (LLM) in Mineral Law and Policy programme
Deadline: 30th April 2015 with successful recipients expected to commence study in September 2015 so please submit all applications by this date.
Funded By: Rio Tinto plc and CEPMLP (The Centre for Energy, Petroleum, Mineral Law and Policy), University of Dundee
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Rio Tinto Funded Postgraduate Scholarships are targeted for Students of Algeria, Botswana, Brazil, Cameroon, Chile, China, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Laos, Madagascar, Mongolia, Mozambique,
Namibia, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Uzbekistan, Zambia and Zimbabwe
‣ Award No: Up to a maximum of six fully funded postgraduate scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for a period of 12 month.
‣ Scholarship covers: The award will offer the successful candidate: -Payment of academic tuition fees 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student. -An arrival allowance and thesis/assignment allowance.
‣ Rio Tinto plc, together with CEPMLP, acknowledges the importance of contributing worldwide to sustainable mineral resources development.
‣ As part of the CEPMLP/Rio Tinto Partnership agreement, the CEPMLP are offering up to a maximum of six fully funded Rio Tinto Funded Postgraduate Scholarships leading to the degree Master of Laws (LLM) in Mineral Law and Policy.
‣ Applicants eligible for consideration should:
‣ Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
‣ Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
‣ Display intellectual ability and leadership potential -Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence
‣ Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in mining in the government, private sector, or academia
‣ Be a national and resident of the following countries at the time of applying for the award and go on to complete the degree within 12 months and return to their home country at the end of the period of study
‣ Employees, employee’s relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of Rio Tinto plc and the University of Dundee will not be eligible to apply for these awards.
‣ It is important to demonstrate in your Personal Statement that you are motivated to make a career that will take you to a position of leadership in the mining sector in your own country within 10 years of your Scholarship.
‣ You must be committed to networking to find global solutions and you should be able to use your studies and experience gained in the UK to benefit yourself, your country and the UK.
‣ You should become a first-class ambassador for the UK in your home country.
‣ Applicants Personal Statement should emphasise the following points: -ability to make a difference in the world, illustrated by your leadership qualities -skills in communications and the ability to influence people and decisions -networking ability, ambition and plans for the future -academic background and potential on the LLM degree programme, your strength of character and integrity -outside interests – i.e. hobbies and activities
‣ There is no separate application form for the Rio Tinto plc Scholarship. Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy programme should provide a 250-word Personal Statement sent by email attachment to k.a.shortt-at-dundee.ac.uk.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th April 2015