Rice post-harvest processing and value addition which is CIDA-funded project is now open 2013 applications for PhD program. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):McGill University | Canada
Level: PhD Research
Field(s): Rice post-harvest processing and value addition
Funded By: The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) made a contribution to the Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Rice post-harvest PhD research position is open for scholars from West and Eastern Africa.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2- 5 years
‣ Scholarship covers: Please visit their main website
PhD scholarships in Rice post-harvest processing and value addition( PhD)
‣ The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) made a contribution to the Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) to implement a 5-year project, which aims to increase food security and improve the local livelihoods of rice producers and entrepreneurs in West and Eastern Africa by enhancing harvest and post-harvest rice processing technologies, increasing the quality and marketability of local rice and rice-based products.
‣ As part of its human capacity building component, the project is offering one PhD scholarship tenable at the McGill University, Canada from 2013.
Areas of research
‣ The graduate students will work on the following 2 areas
To be eligible for PhD scholarships in Rice post harvest processing and value addition( PhD) , candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Candidates must satisfy the University’s admission requirements (http://www.mcgill.ca/gradapplicants/ ).
‣ An ideal candidate should have a good background in engineering (chemical, agricultural or mechanical) and food science (biochemistry or food chemistry along with nutrition).
‣ The area that the selected students will work on will depend on their backgrounds.
‣ Candidates from Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Uganda will be given preference, although candidates from other AfricaRice member countries will also be considered.
Scholarship Application Method
Apply now for a 2013 scholarship for PhD under the CIDA-funded project on rice post harvest processing and value addition
‣ Apply via post using the address :Myra Wopereis-Pura (AfricaRice) <email@example.com>
‣ Please send your application, including :
- Cover letter
- Degrees and certificates
- Research proposal
- Endorsement from the head of institute
To : Myra Wopereis-Pura (AfricaRice) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 30 June 2013
You may also like