Rhodes scholarships are awarded for pursuing full-time postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford, UK. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Oxford | UK
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): any course offered by the University of Oxford at postgraduate level.
Deadline: Australia (closing date 3 September 2013), Bermuda (closing date 25 October 2013), Canada (closing date 18 October 2013), Germany (closing date 30 September 2013), Hong Kong (closing date 25 September 2013), India (closing date 31 July 2013), Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean (closing date 30 September 2013), Kenya (closing date 31 August 2013), New Zealand (closing date 1 August 2013), Pakistan (closing date 31 August 2013), Southern Africa (closing date 15 August 2013), Zambia (closing date 11 October 2013) and Zimbabwe (closing date 1 August 2013). Applications for Rhodes Scholarships in the United States will open on 1 July (closing date 2 October 2013).
Funded By: Rhodes Trust
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Rhodes Scholarships are Open for the students of Following Countries: Students of Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), United States, Zambia and Zimbabwe .
‣ Award No: 83 Rhodes Scholars are selected annually from 14 countries or groupings of countries around the world.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The basic tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. At the discretion of the Trustees, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil. The Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and the Masters of Financial Economics (MFE) are only tenable in the second year of the Scholarship.
‣ Scholarship covers: A Rhodes scholarship covers all University and College fees, a personal stipend and one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the Scholarship, as well as an economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the Scholarship.
‣ The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting outstanding all-round students at the University of Oxford, and providing transformative opportunities for exceptional individuals.
‣ Rhodes scholarship selection committees will be seeking young women and men of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
‣ The Scholarships support students who demonstrate a strong propensity to emerge as ‘leaders for the world’s future’.
‣ A scholarship covers all University and College fees, a personal stipend and one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the Scholarship, as well as an economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the Scholarship.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:
‣ Citizenship & residency: Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Please check the detailed information carefully via the country links.
‣ Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by 1 October of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
‣ Education: All applicants must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements, and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent. Please check the detailed requirements via the country links. Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.
‣ Four criteria to be used in the election of Scholars:
‣ In short, Rhodes scholarship selection committees will be seeking young women and men of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ For detailed application requirements for each constituency, please visit the country pages via the country links.
‣ In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date:
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Australia, Bermuda, Botswana, Canada, Featured, germany, Hong Kong, India, International, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, New Zealand, Pakistan, Postgraduate, Rhodes, scholarships, Swaziland, UK, USA, Zambia, Zimbabwe