Research Training Fellowship. The Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) had initiated a Research T Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Indian R&D/academic institutions | India
Level: Research Fellowship ( Fellowships are available to young scientists for conducting research at Indian R&D/academic institutions)
Field(s): Agricultural Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Mathematics, Earth Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy and Multi-disciplinary and other areas.
Deadline: 14th October 2013
Funded By: Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Research Training Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of Developing countries except India (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada,
Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea?Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor?Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
‣ Award No: Twenty (20) scientists and researchers from the NAM and other developing countries will be selected under the RTF-DCS Scheme this year to get affiliated with Indian institutions. Generally, maximum one Fellow will be selected from any particular country, but in exceptional cases, this may be relaxed.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Research Training Fellowship will be for a period of six months, but some variation in the duration may be allowed with prior approval of the NAM S&T Centre depending upon the actual requirement of the research project as mutually agreed between the Fellow and the host institution.
‣ Scholarship covers: 1. Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following:- a. Round trip international airfare by excursion/economy class and by shortest route from the international airport in the home country to the international airport nearest to the host institution. b. A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 35,000 [about US$585 at the current exchange rate] per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses. c. One-time grant of INR 15,000 [about US$250 at the current exchange rate] for domestic travel for airport transfers and visiting research institutions, attending scientific /events and field-trips within India. The allowance as in (b) and the actual expenditure as in (c) will be disbursed to the RTF-DCS Fellow through the host institution. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis. The host institution will also be suitably compensated for its services for implementation of the programme. 2. The selected Fellow will take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage for the period of stay in India. A copy of the Insurance policy must be made available to the NAM S&T Centre before departure from the home country.
‣ As an instrument for the promotion of South-South Cooperation in Science and Technology, the Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) had initiated a Fellowship scheme titled ‘Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS)’ in 2012, which is sponsored by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India.
‣ The Research Training Fellowship aims at capacity building of young researchers of the developing countries in science and technology by giving them opportunities to affiliate themselves with premier academic and research institutions in India with full financial support including their international travel, and local hospitality, etc.
‣ The NAM S&T Centre invites applications from the eligible scientists of the developing countries for RTF-DCS for the financial year 2013–14 (April 2013 to March 2014).
To avail Research Training Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Applicant should possess at least a Master’s Degree in any Natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Engineering or Medicine and allied disciplines.
‣ Applicant should be working in a National R&D or Academic Institution in his/her home country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/her institution confirming that if selected, he/she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
‣ The upper age limit for the applicant is 40 years on the last date for submission of application.
‣ Researchers of Indian Nationality are not eligible for the Fellowship.
‣ The selection will be made by an International Selection Committee based on the quality of the research proposal submitted by the applicant, applicant’s academic merit and available slots in the Fellowship scheme.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply: Application for the award of the Fellowship should be submitted in the prescribed format (enclosed) to the NAM S&T Centre.
‣ The application form must be filled up only in typed script (NOT HAND WRITTEN). Incomplete and illegible applications will be rejected. Only electronic communication will be accepted and therefore all the materials should be sent as attachments to an e-mail after scanning the documents wherever required.
‣ Hard copies of the application by post/courier/FAX are not required.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The last date for submission of completed application form along with required enclosures is Monday, 14th October 2013.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...