Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS) in India, and applications are submitted till 15th June 2015 for the financial year 2015-16 (1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016). The Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) had initiated a Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS). Fifty scientists and researchers from the NAM and other developing countries will be selected under the RTF-DCS scheme this year to get affiliated with Indian institutions for a period of six months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: Fellowships are available to young scientists for conducting research at Indian R&D/academic institutions.
Field(s): For this year, Fellowship will be offered in the following broad disciplines: Agricultural Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Mathematics, Earth Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy and Multi-disciplinary and other areas.
Deadline: 15th June 2015 for the financial year 2015-16 (1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016).
Funded By: Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists are targeted for Citizens of Developing countries except India (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan,
Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for these Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists
‣ Award No: Fifty (50) scientists and researchers from the developing countries will be selected this year under the RTF-DCS Scheme to get affiliated with Indian academic and R&D institutions.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Fellowship will be for a period of six months, but some variation in the duration may be allowed with prior approval of the NAM S&T Centre depending upon the actual requirement of the research project as mutually agreed between the Fellow and the host institution.
‣ Scholarship covers: 1. Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following:-
a. Round trip international airfare by excursion/economy class and by shortest route from the international airport in the home country to the international airport nearest to the host institution.
b. A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 35,000 [about US$585 at the current exchange rate] per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses.
c. One-time grant of INR 15,000 [about US$250 at the current exchange rate] for domestic travel for airport transfers and visiting research institutions, attending scientific /events and field-trips within India.
The allowance as in (b) and the actual expenditure as in (c) will be disbursed to the RTF-DCS Fellow through the host institution. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis. The host institution will also be suitably compensated for its services for implementation of the programme.
2. The selected Fellow will take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage for the period of stay in India. The cost for taking the insurance policy is not reimbursable by the NAM S&T Centre. The NAM S&T Centre will purchase the air ticket for his/her travel to India only after receiving the insurance policy document of the selected Fellow.
‣ As an instrument for the promotion of South-South Cooperation in Science and Technology, the Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) had initiated a Fellowship scheme titled ‘Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS)’ in 2012, which is sponsored by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India.
‣ The Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists aims at capacity building of young researchers of the developing countries in science and technology by giving them opportunities to affiliate themselves with premier academic and research institutions in India with full financial support including their international travel, and local hospitality, etc.
‣ The NAM S&T Centre invites applications from the eligible scientists of the developing countries for RTF-DCS for the financial year 2015-16 (1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016).
‣ Applicant should possess at least a Master’s Degree in any Natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Engineering or Medicine and allied disciplines.
‣ Applicant should be working in a National R&D or Academic Institution in his/her home country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/her institution confirming that if selected, he/she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
‣ The upper age limit for the applicant is 40 years as on 1 st January 2015.
‣ Researchers of Indian Nationality are not eligible for the Fellowship.
Selection Criteria for Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists
‣ The selection will be made by an International Selection Committee based on the quality of the research proposal submitted by the applicant, applicant’s academic merit and available slots in the Fellowship scheme.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The Application should be submitted only online. Before you start filling up the form, please keep the following documents ready to be uploaded.
‣ Curriculum Vitae (in MS Word format, not more than two Pages), including Professional and Research Experience and List of Latest Publications (Not more than five)
‣ Research Proposal with Objectives, Scope of Work, Plan of Action, Methodology and Deliverables (in MS Word format).
‣ Recent Passport size Photograph.
‣ Copy of Relevant Pages of your Passport
‣ Copy of Recommendation letter of your present employer duly filled and signed along with your Signature (Take a print out of the format of recommendation letter that is appended at the end of this Announcement and scan the appropriately filled up document for uploading).
‣ A copy of the letter / e. mail (if obtained) from any Indian scientist/institution with consent to accept you to work with them, if you get selected by the NAM S&T Centre (Please refer to Para – VIII. 2).
‣ This is however not mandatory, but may be helpful in your selection. After submission of Application Form, if you do not receive within one week an Acknowledgement on your personal email ID provided at the time of submission, then kindly re-submit your application or contact us at rtfdcs15-at-gmail.com.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th June 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.