Research Positions for DFG International Graduate Program in Germany, , and applications are submitted till September 30, 2014 . DFG invites applications for research positions (PhD fellowships and a postdoctoral position) for a current international graduate program i.e. “The World in the City: Metropolitanism and Globalization from the 19th Century to the Present”. The value of PhD fellowship is 1,365 Euro / month for a maximum of three years) and for Post-doc position, salary is determined by qualifications TV-L E 13/14, full time, two years. Fellowships for three years and Post-doc position will be for two years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: PhD & Postdoctoral Research Program
Field(s): “The World in the City: Metropolitanism and Globalization from the 19th Century to the Present” is the title of the current German Research Foundation -funded international and interdisciplinary graduate program, based at the Technical University of Berlin. The IGK hopes to close this research gap and offer a relevant contribution to interdisciplinary urban research within 4 thematic areas (architecture and urban planning; migration and mobility; knowledge and communication; environment and sustainability). The specific focus of the second phase (2015-2018) centers on notions of temporality.
Deadline: September 30, 2014
Funded By: German Research Foundation (DFG), Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Research Positions for DFG International Graduate Program is targeted for Citizens of Germany
‣ Award No: Up to12 fellowships for PhD candidates and 1 Post-doc position will be available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships for three years and Post-doc position will be for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of PhD fellowship is 1,365 Euro / month for a maximum of three years) and for Post-doc position, salary is determined by qualifications TV-L E 13/14, full time, two years.
‣ The DFG-sponsored International Graduate Research Program (IGK 1705/1) “The World in the City: Metro-politanism and Globalization from the Nineteenth Century to the Present” is now accepting applications for the fellowships and positions during its second phase, beginning May 1, 2015.
‣ Metropoles have always been dense and complex spaces characterized by heterogeneous populations,central economic and political functions, as well as by an abundance of material and cultural resources.
‣ PhD candidates must complete their qualifying degree (MA, Magister, Diploma) by May 2015.
‣ Postdoctoral applicants must have successfully completed their PhD (degree in hand) by May 2015.
‣ The program languages are English (and German). All applicants must be proficient in English.
‣ Applicants must also be proficient in any other languages necessary for their proposed research projects.
‣ Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be conducted in early December.
‣ Please email your application files which include application form, letter of intent (max. 1 page), research proposal (5-8 pages), CV, transcripts, the names and email addresses of two potential referees in one compiled document entitled ‘yourlastnameIGK2014′ to: igk-at-metropolitanstudies.de.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 30, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.