2013 REACH-Informatics Fellowships Program for East African Citizens
The Regional East African Center for Health Informatics (REACH-Informatics) opened Postdoctoral Fellowships program for East African Citizens. Full fellowship details are as follows:
School: Indiana and Moi Universities/Kenya
Field(s): Health Information Technology
Deadline:15 October 2012
Funded by:The Regional East African Center for Health Informatics (REACH-Informatics)
Beneficiaries:Scholarship Open for East African citizen (Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Seychelles, or Tanzania)
A stipend will be provided for living expenses and travel to the United States and stays for 2 years.
- The Regional East African Center for Health Informatics (REACH-Informatics) in Eldoret, Kenya, was created in 2009 and builds on the long-term collaboration between Indiana and Moi Universities and the global informatics leadership of the Regenstrief Institute.
- REACH Informatics is offering a 2-year post-doctoral fellowship aimed at developing informatics expertise to implement and use health information technology to enhance research and improve health care quality, efficiency, and outcomes.
- Fellows will spend 1 year at Indiana University in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA to complete classroom work.
- The second year of the program will be spent in Eldoret, Kenya, at Moi University, Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH), and the Academic Model Providing Access to Healthcare (AMPATH).
- Fellows will be eligible for either a Master of Science in Clinical Research or a Master of Science in Health Informatics at the end of the two year period.
To apply for REACH Informatics Fellowship:
- you must meet both the educational and professional requirements ,
- Must be fluent in English Be willing to commit to a 2-year full-time program
- Be willing to relocate to Indianapolis, Indiana, USA for year 1 of the program and Eldoret, Kenya for year 2 of the program.
- Be interested in a career leading a team implementing health informatics in Africa Demonstrated leadership ability Technical background and experience in computers, computer science, databases, or data analysis East African citizen (Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Seychelles, or Tanzania).
- Doctoral (PhD, MBChB, MD, DO, etc.) degree. Degree must be from an accredited academic institution in: Public health, medicine, health care, health-services research Computer science, information science, information systems Statistics Epidemiology Public health informatics or related discipline At least 1-year documented experience in public health or another health setting.
- Additionally, documented strong fluency in any of the following is preferred: Informatics Information systems Information science Computer science Information technology
- Complete the application form here All supporting documents must be emailed directly to email@example.com
For more Information about the REACH Informatics Fellowship
You may also be interested
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!