Rave Scholarships for Developing Countries in Germany, and applications are submitted till 15 May 2017. Applications are invited for Rave Scholarships available for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from a country in transition or a developing country. Scholarships will be awarded for further practical training or non-paid work in realizing and arranging fine art exhibitions at a museum at a non-commercial gallery or at a non-commercial cultural institution in Germany. Applicants must be younger than 40 years old and must no longer be studying or involved in on-the-job training. The application date is 15 September each year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Scholarships support further practical training or non-paid work for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers at a museum, at a non-commercial gallery or at a non-commercial cultural institution in Germany.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for practical further education in realizing and arranging fine art exhibitions.
Deadline: 15 May 2017
Funded By: Alexander Rave Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Rave Scholarships for Developing Countries are targeted for applicants from a country in transition or a developing country are eligible for these Rave Scholarships.
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Scholarships will be awarded for a period of three to six months.
‣Value of Scholarship :
‣ Rave Scholarships for Developing Countries support further practical training for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from countries in transition and developing countries.
opportunity yet to work in Germany for an extended period of time
professional study or training within the last five years
Younger than 40 years
Applicant must no
longer be studying or involved in on-the-job training
German) from a partner institution in Germany which has agreed to
take on the scholar or initiate a joint project
A reference from the
applicant’s country of origin
Knowledge of either
German or English, basic knowledge of German expected
Applicants who were
rejected once cannot re-apply.
‣ Selections will be made within 3 months. Applicants will be informed in writing about whether their application was successful or not. No reasons will be given for the committee’s decision. The decision will be conveyed to the applicant in writing without stating reasons.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications may be sent via e-mail or post.
‣ The application should be accompanied by
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application date is 15 May 2017
c/o Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.