Rajiv Gandhi IIMS Fellowship Programme in Management in India , and applications are submitted till 24th February, 2015. Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management (RGIIM) Shillong invites applications for fellowship programme in management (FPM) Indian and overseas candidates including NRIs and foreign nationals. Total of Five fellowships will be awarded in the following areas: Economics, Marketing, Finance, Information Systems and Operations Management and HR. FPM is a full-time residential programme. Candidates who have fulfill the mentioned eligibility criteria and who cleared the Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs in either 2013 or 2014 are eligible.Candidates must not be more than 40 years of age as on 1st March, 2015. All students admitted to the programme are given fellowship and contingency allowance up to four years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: doctoral level
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in following areas: Economics, Marketing, Finance, Information Systems and Operations Management and HR.
Deadline: 24th February, 2015.
Funded By: Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Rajiv Gandhi IIMS Fellowship Programme is targeted for Indian and overseas candidates including NRIs and foreign nationals are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme in management.
‣ Award No: Total of five fellowships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Students are expected to complete the programme in four years. However, under special circumstances extension of one more year may be granted only after permission from the competent authority. No fellowship will however be provided for the fifth year. Fellowship students spend their first two years for course work and the last two years for research and thesis preparation. FPM is a full-time residential programme.
‣ Scholarship covers: Candidates selected for the Rajiv Gandhi IIMS Fellowship Programme are given a financia
l support which covers their research requirements and modest living:
‣ Rajiv Gandhi IIMS Fellowship Programme in management (FPM) is the doctoral level programme of RGIIM, Shillong, meant for scholars with curiosity in knowledge related to management studies.
‣ The FPM at IIMS is planned to be globally recognized, and would be a premier source of rigorous, and inter-disciplinary research in all areas of business management and public policy including, corporate strategy and policy, economics and social sciences, finance and control, marketing management, organization behaviour and human resources management, production and operations management, quantitative methods and information systems, public systems, public policy and sustainability.
‣ The Rajiv Gandhi IIMS Fellowship Programme is committed to train individuals who will excel in their respective area as educators and produce high quality research through publication of quality work of international standard.
‣ A Masters’ degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 55% aggregate marks
‣ A Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 60% marks or equivalent grade point average
‣ Any professional qualifications such as CA, ICWA and CS with a minimum 55% aggregate marks.
‣ In addition, all the candidates must have secured a minimum of 55 % marks in all their public examinations starting with the secondary level. Work experience in industry or academics, though not mandatory, will be given due credit in the selection process.
‣ Candidates must not be more than 40 years of age as on 1st March, 2015.
Selection Criteria for Rajiv Gandhi IIMS Fellowship Programme
‣ Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria stated above and who cleared the Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs in either 2013 or 2014.
‣ Alternatively, those who have valid GATE, GRE, GMAT and JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations till 15th February 2015 can also apply in the relevant area of specialization.
‣ Candidates who have already obtained a two-year PGDM from any of the IIMs with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale are exempted from this requirement, and can apply directly through the prescribed Application Form.
‣ Such applicants are also eligible to get a waiver of the first year course work and can directly join the second year of the programme.
‣ Short-listing will be done on the basis of their academic record and performance in the competitive examinations mentioned above.
‣ Admission to the programme is open to overseas candidates including NRIs and foreign nationals. Their admission will be based on GMAT/GRE scores which are valid till 15th February 2015.
Notification for Rajiv Gandhi IIMS Fellowship Programme
‣ Short-listed candidates will be called to Shillong for a personal interview for final selection in April 2015.
‣ The successful candidates will receive offers by June 2015.
‣ Candidates, who use their scores of other examinations such as GATE, GRE, GMAT, and JRF of UGC/CSIR are required to download the IIMS FPM Application Form.
‣ A candidate is eligible to submit applications to a maximum of two areas.
‣ The duly filled in Application Form should be sent as an attachment to fpm-at-iimshillong.in. The candidates should take a print of the online form before submitting the same.
‣ If the candidate is applying for two areas, two copies must be printed.
‣ The printed copy (ies) of the online application form, one for each area, with a recent photograph pasted and with all supporting documents (including self-attested copies of mark sheet and certificates of all public examinations starting from 10th, experience certificate, relevant score card, age proof, etc.) attached separately with each form may be sent together in one envelop.
‣ Even candidates who have applied through CAT 2014, need to fill up the FPM form separately along with the required application fees.
‣ Note: Completed application forms along with a draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favor of RGIIM, Shillong payable at Shillong should be sent to the following address. Alternatively candidate can transfer the application fees online to the SBI Account.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 24th February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.