Rackham One Term Dissertation Fellowship in USA, and applications are submitted till May 1st, 2016. Rackham Graduate School of University of Michigan is offering dissertation fellowship to students who are at the writing stage of the dissertation. A student must have achieved candidacy prior to the beginning of the term in which he or she receives a Rackham One-Term Dissertation Fellowship. Recipients of this award may not be employed more than ten hours a week during the tenure of the fellowship. Recipients may not hold this award in conjunction with another award. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowship is available for completing the dissertation.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded in all subjects available at Rackham Graduate School.
Deadline: May 1st, 2016.
Funded By: Rackham Graduate School of University of Michigan, USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Rackham One Term Dissertation Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of USA
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for one term
‣ Scholarship covers: A Rackham One-Term Dissertation Fellowship consists of candidacy tuition and registration fee plus a stipend of $9,500 (currently) for one term. Recipients will be eligible for GradCare health and dental insurance coverage provided by the Graduate School during the term of their award. A student may receive only one Rackham One-Term Dissertation Fellowship. The fellowship may not be divided into smaller awards.
‣ Rackham One Term Dissertation Fellowship is intended to speed the process of completing the dissertation.
‣ Except in unusual cases, they should be awarded to students who are at the writing stage of the dissertation.
‣ This will permit candidates to work full-time on the final stages of their dissertations.
‣ A student must have achieved candidacy prior to the beginning of the term in which he or she receives a Rackham One-Term Dissertation Fellowship.
‣ The student must have established a dissertation committee and submitted the Nomination of Dissertation Committee form to the Rackham Academic Records and Dissertation Office prior to the beginning of the term in which he or she receives this fellowship.
‣ Recipients of this award may not be employed more than ten hours a week during the tenure of the fellowship. Recipients may not hold this award in conjunction with another award.
‣ Students are selected by their program for this award and may ask the graduate program coordinator if the program has an allocation of these awards.
‣ Allocations may not be deferred outside of current academic year.
‣ Rackham One-Term Dissertation Fellowships are distributed to graduate programs on a Block Grant basis.
‣ Recipients are selected by the graduate programs who inform the Rackham Fellowship Office by completing the nomination form.
‣ The Fellowships Office acknowledges the appointment in writing to the student with a copy to the program. The Fellowships Office will process the award payment.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 1st, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.