PRSSA Robin M Urbanski Memorial Scholarship in USA, and applications are submitted till September 9, 2016. Public Relation Student Society of America is offering memorial scholarship to honor a student for his/her mentoring of others and his/her commitment to public relations. Scholarship is awarded to students entering his or her junior or senior year in public relations, journalism, or a related field at a four-year accredited institution. Scholarship has a value of $1,000. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Scholarship is awarded to students entering his or her junior or senior year at a four-year accredited institution.
Field(s): public relations, journalism, or a related field.
Deadline:September 9, 2016
Funded By: Public Relation Student Society of America
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PRSSA Robin M Urbanski Memorial Scholarship is targeted for the citizens of USA.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not known
‣ Scholarship covers: This memorial scholarship has a value of $1,000.
‣ Robin M. Urbanski-Janikowski was a seasoned public relations professional, well respected by national media and her internal clients, for her responsiveness, tenacity and candid approach.
‣ Most recently, Robin was a senior media relations manager, for United Airlines.
‣ There, she led all consumer-related media issues, including having a United pilot known for his customer service featured on the front page of the Wall Street Journal, and on all three network morning news shows in the same week.
‣ Prior to joining United, Robin was a media relations manager at Tellabs, a manufacturer of telecommunications network equipment.
‣ There, she provided the company business-to-business public relations support.
‣ Robin also worked for McDonalds Corporation and for Ameritech, one of the regional Bell companies that became part of AT&T.
‣ She started her public relations career at Edelman, after graduating from University of Illinois.
‣ Robin served as a member of the Board of Directors and as an Assembly Delegate for the Chicago chapter of the PRSA.
‣ This PRSSA Robin M Urbanski Memorial Scholarship was established in Robin’s memory by her colleagues, family and friends after she passed away in August, 2011, at the age of 41, following a 14-month battle with cancer.
‣ Robin is remembered as someone who loved the field of public relations, a profession in which she excelled.
‣ Must be entering his or her junior or senior year in college in fall 2016
‣ Must be a major in public relations, journalism, or a related field
‣ Must be studying to prepare for a career in public relations
‣ Must possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale ;
‣ Must be attending a four year accredited institution -Must be in good standing as a member of a PRSSA Chapter
‣ Judges will seek the following qualities:
The PRSA Foundation is proud to present the new electronic scholarship application process. Using the electronic application process, you only need to fill out ONE universal application. If a particular scholarship calls for more details or a writing sample, you simply attach the requested information to the specific application.
To apply for this award, submit the following materials:
Make sure all materials are error free and thoroughly proofread. All application materials must be posted to the electronic application portal by September 9, 2016. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 09 September, 2016.