Provost Distinguished Graduate Fellowships for Both domestic and international applicants. The Graduate School at Oregon State University is offering fellowships and scholarships for both domestic and international applicants.
School(Institutions/ Country): Oregon State University | USa
Level: Master's & PhD Degree (These scholarships and fellowships are available for newly admitted doctoral and master’s students in research / creative degree programs where a PhD degree does not exist.)
Field(s): Any courses given at the graduate school of the Oregon State University.
Deadline: February 3, 2014
Funded By: Oregon State University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Provost Distinguished Graduate Fellowships are targeted for Both domestic and international applicants.
‣ Award No: Program Directors or Department Heads/Chairs are invited to submit one nomination per graduate major for the 2014-15. Provost’s Distinguished Graduate Fellowship Program and one nomination per graduate major for the 2014-15 Provost’s Distinguished Graduate Scholarship Program.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Provost’s Distinguished Graduate Fellowship Program provides prestigious university fellowships for one year only. Provost’s Distinguished Graduate Scholarship Program will provide one time, academic year scholarship awards for recruiting purposes.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowships will include a twelve-month stipend of $30,000 for doctoral students and $22,000 for Master’s students, to be distributed in four equal quarterly installments during the year. In addition to the stipend, the fellowship will provide an academic year tuition waiver through a tuition relief scholarship to cover the cost of 12 credits, plus a supplemental scholarship to cover the cost for enrollment in three graduate credits during summer term. Recipients will be formally appointed as OSU graduate fellows to allow access to subsidized health insurance under the prevailing graduate assistant/fellow health insurance plan. Scholarships will be one-time awards of $6,000 for doctoral students and $4,000 for master’s students, which will be distributed in three equal quarterly installments during the academic year. Scholarships will be administered by the Graduate School. These awards are to be separate from and in addition to a full year departmental assistantship offered to incoming students.
Provost Distinguished Graduate Fellowships
‣ The Graduate School is pleased to announce the continuation of the centrally administered fellowship and scholarship opportunities to recruit outstanding students for graduate study at OSU.
‣ The target population is newly admitted doctoral students and newly admitted master’s students in research/creative degree programs where a Ph.D. degree does not exist.
‣ Program Directors or Department Heads/Chairs are invited to submit one nomination per graduate major for the 2014-15 Provost’s Distinguished Graduate Fellowship Program and one nomination per graduate major for the 2014-15 Provost’s Distinguished Graduate Scholarship Program.
Provost Distinguished Graduate Fellowships
‣ The target population is newly admitted doctoral students and newly admitted master’s students in research/creative degree programs where a PhD degree does not exist.
‣ The Committee will select nominees based on academic achievement as indicated by grade point average, GRE, TOEFL and other test scores, publications, presentations, awards and honors, contribution to diversity, and/or other professional activity.
‣ Additional considerations will be the nominating program’s alignment with the university’s strategic plan, the nominating program’s achievement of the President’s Academic System Guidelines, the potential impact that an award would have on strengthening and building the degree program and recruiting activities as described in the nomination package.
‣ It is anticipated that award decisions will be announced by March 7, 2014.
‣ Apply online. Nominations will only be accepted from department or program heads.
‣ The nomination package must include a description of the recruitment activities used to identify the nominee as a candidate for the graduate program; this information will be used in the evaluation of the nomination.
‣ Graduate programs are encouraged to submit applications for Fellowships for Early Selection based on Exceptional Merit.
‣ Those Provost Distinguished Graduate Fellowships nominees submitted and considered for Early Selection but not selected for an award at this time will remain in the general candidate pool and will be evaluated after the February 3, 2014 deadline.
‣ Exceptional nominees will be evaluated against the criteria given below, all of which must be included in the nomination form:
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The deadline to submit applications for Early Selection is January 6, 2014. Nomination Deadline is February 3, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2015, Fellowships, Graduate, International, Master, research, scholarships, UK Scholarships, USA