President Barack Obama Scholarship Program in USA, and applications are submitted till March 1, 2015. Applications are invited for President Barack Obama scholarship program for Arizona residents. Scholarships are open to Arizona residents, admitted to ASU for fall 2015 who are degree-seeking, full-time freshmen (pursuing first undergraduate degree). This includes Native American high school seniors who are not residing in Arizona who meet the Arizona residency criteria for tuition purposes at ASU. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level:degree-seeking, full-time freshmen (pursuing first undergraduate degree) at Arizona State University in USA.
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the Arizona State University in USA.
Deadline: March 1, 2015
Funded By: President Barack Obama
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): President Barack Obama Scholarship is targeted for students of USA can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: ASU’s goal with the President Barack Obama Scholarship program is to help minimize the amount of money you borrow while attending ASU. In some cases, you may need to accept offered loans toward your costs or as a replacement of your work-study award.
‣ By combining gift aid (i.e., Pell Grants, SEOG, University Grants, LEAP, and scholarships) from federal, state, private, and institutional sources with Federal Work-Study, ASU will cover students’ estimated direct costs of attending ASU (minus the Expected Family Contribution as determined by the FAFSA) for up to eight full-time, consecutive fall and spring semesters (summer sessions are not covered).
‣ Estimated direct costs include actual tuition and mandatory fees as well as standardized allowances for room, board and books/supplies.
‣ Open to Arizona residents, admitted to ASU for fall 2015 who are degree-seeking, full-time freshmen (pursuing first undergraduate degree). This includes Native American high school seniors who are not residing in Arizona who meet the Arizona residency criteria for tuition purposes at ASU.
‣ Admission to the university does not guarantee eligibility for the program. You must meet all course competencies and at least one of the aptitude requirements for admission described on the Freshman Admission Requirements.
‣ You must enroll in ASU at the beginning of the fall 2015 semester immediately after Arizona high school graduation. If you do not enroll at ASU in fall 2015, you will forfeit eligibility for any future participation in this program.
‣ You must demonstrate a total annual family income of $42,400 or less on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Obama Scholars Program will be closed for the year when program funds have been exhausted.
‣ You must be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant.
‣ ASU Online degree programs are not eligible. If you change your major to an ASU Online major, you will be removed from the Obama Scholars Program and adjustments will be made to your awards.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadline is March 1, 2015 (Students must submit their FAFSA and have a complete ASU admissions application on file (application, test scores, transcripts and application fee) and June 1, 2015 (Students must submit all requested documents for financial aid verification).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.