Postdoctoral Fellowships in Nanotechnologies at Tomsk Polytechnic University in Russia, and applications are submitted till 11th May 2014. Tomsk Polytechnic University is inviting applications for postdoctoral fellowship in nanotechnologies. Scientific and pedagogical workers (scientists) under the age of 35 years are invited to the contest, who defended their theses for a PhD degree not earlier than five years before the announcement of competition involved in research activities. The position will be at the level of postdoctoral fellow and the basic salary is 60,000 RUR/month (approximately 1,700 USD/month) + bonus. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University | Russia
Level: Postdoctoral Research Program.
Deadline: 11th May 2014.
Funded By: National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Postdoctoral Fellowships in Nanotechnologies are targeted for International and Russian young scientists.
‣ Award No: 2 postdoctoral fellowships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: The position will be at the level of postdoctoral fellow and the basic salary is 60,000 RUR/month (approximately 1,700 USD/month) + bonus.
‣ Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU) has been a pioneering technical school in Siberia and the Far East since 1896. Today TPU is one of the leading technical universities in Russia for a progressive, creative, and dynamic young generation.
‣ Thanks to the innovative scientists and R & D program, TPU has become one of the most attractive educational institutions for students from all over Russia and the world.
‣ About 12000 international students from 40 countries currently attend TPU.
‣ These international students pursue an exceptional education in fields such as natural resources, power engineering, cybernetics, physics, technology, and non-destructive testing.
‣ PhD in Materials Science or Materials Engineering; Candidate of Science in: 05.17.11 “Technologies for silicate and high-melting nonorganic materials”, 05.02.01 “Materials Science”, 05.16.06 “Powder metallurgy and composite materials”, 01.04.07 “Condensed matter physics”.
‣ Competences, work experience: R&D experience in powder processing; modelling and simulation of materials with complex structural hierarchy; testing of operational properties of functional composite materials; analysis of complex structure composites.
‣ Good English communication skills, both speaking and writing.
‣ Scientometric indicators: h-index – higher than 2, number of publications within the scientific scope of the research project – higher than 3, impact-factor of the journals where applicant’s papers have been published – higher than 0.3.
‣ Applicants should contact Project manager via e-mail: khasanov-at-tpu.ru.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 11th May 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.