Postdoctoral Fellowships in Geology has been announced for applications by Energy Bioscience Institute for USA scholars who like to conduct research in geological fields. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The Earth Science Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and collaborates closely with the Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering at Penn State University | USA
Level: Post-doctoral Degree
Funded by: Energy Bioscience Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for Students of USA.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Duration: This is a 1 year term position with the possibility of extension based on available funds, business needs, satisfactory performance, etc.
‣ Scholarship covers:EBI Postdoctoral Fellowships are offered each year that will cover salary and research budgets.
‣ Energy Bioscience Institute offers postdoctoral fellowships for USA scholars who like to conduct research in geological fields.
‣ It is an exciting opportunity for a scientist with expertise in the development, testing, and application of a multi-phase multi-component reservoir simulator to join our interdisciplinary monitoring and modeling (M&M) team.
‣ The fellowship is a one year term position that will cover salary and research budget.
‣ The successful candidate will join a highly skilled interdisciplinary team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Pennsylvania State University, the Energy Bioscience Institute, Berkeley, and the University of California, Berkeley. ‣ The position will be based in the Earth Science Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and collaborates closely with the Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering at Penn State University.
‣ The work will be part of the microbially enhanced hydrocarbon recovery (MEHR) project, which seeks to improve the oil recovery through the optimization of microbial communities and geochemical conditions.
‣ The target reservoir simulator will be different from traditional simulators in that it will couple the multiphase flow simulator with a reactive transport code that will enable the prediction of detailed biogeochemical reactions network and reaction products, and their impacts on multiphase flow, transport, and hydrocarbon recovery.
‣ This advanced reservoir simulator will eventually be used to optimize reservoir scale MEHR treatment design, to understand and control reservoir souring, among others.
‣ This research is supported by the Energy Bioscience Institute.
To qualify for Postdoctoral Fellowships in Geology , candidates need to meet the following criteria :
‣ A recent PhD in an applicable discipline.
‣ Expertise in Fortran 90/95 95 (or other relevant languages) programming and large-scale computational systems.
‣ Use of state-of-the-art 3D reactive transport models.
‣ Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
‣ Ability to work in an integrated team environment.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Contact employer.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...