Portland State University scholarships are funded by the state of Oregon covers partial tuition each year to a number of deserving students from countries throughout the world who have completed at least one term of studies at PSU. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Portland State University | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Any of the courses offered by the Portland State University.
Deadline: winter term: October 15, spring term: February 15.
Funded By: State of Oregon
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Portland State University scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Approximately 30 scholarships are awarded annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for a maximum of six terms.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship amount is $1,000 per term, or the total amount of tuition, whichever is less, for a maximum of 6 consecutive terms. Awards are subject to continued funding availability and are not guaranteed. -The scholarship is awarded in the fall, winter and Spring terms only; awards are not given during Summer term. -Students who receive an International Cultural Service Program award or a Graduate Teaching Assistantship may not also receive the International Student Scholarship. -Scholarship recipients must maintain a GPA of 2.75 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) or above. -Recipients must maintain a full course load each term, unless authorized for under enrollment by an advisor in the Office of International Student and Scholar Services. Undergraduate students must complete a minimum of 12 credits each term, and graduate students must complete a minimum of 9 credits per term. If there are any extenuating circumstances, the coordinator should be notified immediately.
‣ The International Student Retention Scholarship (ISRS) [Portland State University scholarships ] made possible through funding from the State of Oregon, offers partial tuition scholarships each year to a number of deserving students from countries throughout the world.
‣ Recipients receive a $1000 tuition waiver for a maximum of six terms and awards are given in the fall, winter, and spring terms. International students, who demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals, and who strive for academic excellence are encouraged to apply for the ISRS.
To avail Portland State University scholarships , applicants must:
‣ Be an Undergraduate student (at least sophomore standing) who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 3 terms,
‣ an Undergraduate transfer student (at least sophomore standing) who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 1 term, or a graduate student who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 1 term.
‣ Students who are co-enrolled at another local institution are eligible to receive the scholarship. Students restricted to English as a Second Language (ESL) coursework are not eligible to receive the scholarship until they have met the English Language Proficiency requirements.
‣ Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) on all Portland State University coursework (not including transfer credits).
‣ Have clearly defined degree goals and be making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree program.
‣ Hold an F-1 student visa and be maintaining that status.
‣ The following categories are not eligible for this scholarship: U.S. Citizens, resident aliens, or anyone who meets the eligibility test for receiving U.S. Federal Financial Aid, students who pay resident (in-state) tuition, students receiving other fee remission awards (including graduate assistantships and ICSP) and those with Employment Authorization Documents (except those through Economic Hardship).
‣ International students who demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals, and who strive for academic excellence, are encouraged to apply for the International Student Retention Scholarship.
‣ Selection is based on demonstration of financial need, depth and quality of essay, Grade Point Average, and recommendation letters.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The application deadline is winter term: October 15, spring term: February 15.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, International, scholarships, Undergraduate, USA
Your first paragraph ...