Pompeu Fabra Universitat offers The UPFellows Program for international researchers and junior postdoctoral candidates of any nationality.
School(Institutions/ Country): Pompeu Fabra Universitat | Barcelona, Spain
Level : Postdoctoral Research
Field(s): Courses given in three thematic campuses :
Deadline: 1st July 2013
Funded By: Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Beneficiaries( Target Group): scholarship is open for international researchers and junior postdoctoral candidates of any nationality.
‣Award No: UPFellows program will offer 24 international fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: 3 years
‣ Scholarship Covers: UPFellows will receive a three-year contract with a gross salary/year of 47.300€ plus Social Security costs. In addition, selected candidates will receive:
‣ The UPFellows program promoted by Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, Barcelona, Spain) with the support of the Marie Curie COFUND program (7th Framework Program) aimed at co-financing 24 international fellowships.
‣ It exclusively addresses international researchers and aims to offer career development opportunities to junior postdoctoral candidates of any nationality.
‣ These Fellows will join one of the most unique and dynamic research environments in Europe, Catalonia (over 42 M€ in FP7 and excellent results in ERC grants), where they will be able to advance their research and professional skills while taking advantage of a career development plan under the guidance of a senior scientific mentor.
‣ The UPF is among the top 20 institutions in Europe funded by grants of the European Research Council and ranks as the number one Spanish university in research productivity, based on journal articles indexed in the JCR, research and development projects in 2010, and doctoral dissertations between 2004 and 2009 (Ranking in research production and productivity in the Spanish university public system, 2010).
‣ Along with internationalization, a key contributor to UPF's success has been its focus on specific areas of research and interdisciplinary contributions thanks to a small number of departments and affiliated research and technology centers (referred to as the "UPF Group"), which is organized into three thematic campuses(Pompeu Fabra Universitat):
Eligibility criteria for Pompeu Fabra Universitat upfellows
‣ Eligibility is determined using the information provided in the application via the web application. For an application to be eligible:
1. It must be received before the deadline.
2. It must be complete, including specifically:
3. It must document that the applicant
‣ If you have any queries about your eligibility to apply, please contact email@example.com before submitting an application.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications for thePompeu Fabra Universitat UPFellows program are accepted exclusively online through our online application system.
‣ The application deadline is the 1st of July 2013, at 11:59 PM.
‣ Candidates must register in order to be able to use the online application system.
‣ The online application form includes all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (scientific CV, list of publications, meetings, research experience and interests, fellowships obtained under competitive calls, project the applicant wishes to perform, etc.)
‣ At least two reference letters must be provided, which will be automatically requested from the referees proposed by the candidate through the online system.
‣ Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline, including the reference letters. Incomplete proposals will not be considered eligible.
‣ Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to the applicant.
‣ A reference number will be assigned, which should be included in any further correspondence.
‣ For any additional information, please contact Marta Perelló at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like
‣ Postdoctoral Scholarships