POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships for Developing Countries, and Applications for 2018 are open from 8 Feb 2018 to 9 Apr 2018. POGO and the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) are jointly offering visiting research fellowships for a maximum of a three-month period. The fellowship program is open to scientists, technicians, graduate students (PhD) and post-doctoral fellows involved in oceanographic work at centres in developing countries and countries with economies in transition. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Developing Countries
Level: research program.
Field(s): The fellowship is awarded in
Deadline: Applications for 2018 are open from 8 Feb 2018 to 9 Apr 2018
Funded By: POGO and the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships are targeted for Citizens of developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyzstan, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, Sao Tome and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Laos, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Ivory Coast, Micronesia, Federated States of Micronesia, Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep.,
Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay) are eligible for this research fellowship.
‣ Award No: Not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowship programme will only provide funds for a maximum of a three-month period. If an applicant is able to secure a longer visit with the host supervisor, this is acceptable, but the fellow will need to find additional funds for his/her stay beyond the first three months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowship covers:
‣ This POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships programme is jointly funded by POGO and the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) and is designed to promote training and capacity building leading towards a global observation scheme for the oceans. The Programme has been a success for over ten years, with over 150 fellowships awarded since 2001.
‣ Priority is given to applicants in early stages of career development.
Selection Criteria POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships
‣ The Selection Criteria involve a number of factors including:
Applications for 2018 are now open for submissions. The application form and additional information about the fellowship and application instructions, as well as Frequently Asked Questions can be downloaded from the attachments below
‣ Fellowship applicants should submit and submit electronically the application form, together with a recommendation letter from the parent supervisors and a letter of acceptance from the prospective host supervisor.
‣ Only the parent supervisor recommendation letter needs to be submitted as a hard copy. Only applications that are complete in all respects will be considered for the fellowship.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Applications for 2018 are open from 8 Feb 2018 to 9 Apr 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.