Philippine Scholarship Program at International School Manila in Philippines , and applicatons are submitted no later than 4:00 PM February 5, 2016. International School Manila offers Philippine Scholarship Program for completing High School course at ISM. Students must have completed their 7th grade (Grades 1-6 plus first year high school or Grades 1-7) of school and will be thirteen or fourteen years of age by September 01, 2016. This need-based scholarship will include fees such as tuition fee, matriculation fee and book rental. A participation fee may be required from the parents to cover a portion of the school fees. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at the International School Manila | Philippines
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects at the International School Manila.
Deadline: no later than 4:00 PM February 5, 2016
Funded By: International School Manila, Philippines
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Philippine Scholarship Program is targeted for Students of Philippines
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships may be enjoyed for five years provided the awardees maintain the appropriate scholastic level and abide by the school rules and regulations set by the Scholarship Advisory Committee.
‣ Scholarship covers:The need-based scholarships will include fees such as tuition fee, matriculation fee, and book rental. A participation fee may be required from the parents to cover a portion of the school fees.
‣ The International School Manila, located at Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, was founded in 1920.
‣ The paramount aim of the school is to provide the highest possible standards of education to prepare children for entrance into colleges or universities throughout the world and to develop the best intellectual qualities of each individual student.
‣ The school is organized into three divisions – a four grade Elementary School, a four grade Middle School and a four year High School.
‣ At present, the student body represents over seventy nations including the Philippines.
‣ For the school year 2016-2017, International School Manila will make available scholarships to students of Filipino citizenship who have completed their 7th year (Grades 1-6 plus first year high school or Grades 1-7) of school.
‣ The awardees shall enroll in Grade 8 and continue until they finish Grade 12.
‣ The candidate must have demonstrated high academic achievement (no grade lower than 85% or its equivalent in any subject).
‣ Candidates must submit a copy of their report cards, school records/transcript from Grade 1 to current grade level with completed application forms.
‣ The candidate must demonstrate financial need.
‣ The candidate must meet all regular ISM entrance requirements.
‣ The candidate must have an excellent command of oral and written English.
‣ The candidate must possess high personal standards and be in good health.
‣ Only one sibling per family shall be considered for the scholarship program.
Selection Criteria for Philippine Scholarship Program
‣ This is need-based scholarship. For those candidates selected for interview, shall be appraised on the following: spoken English, personality, interests, attitude and financial need.
‣ After reviewing applications, successful candidates will be requested to attend an assessment day on Saturday, February 28, 2015 in the Media Center at International School Manila.
‣ Student candidates will be required to complete a series of tests in reading, writing and mathematics, and take part in collaborative activities for the selection committee to get a better understanding of each student’s strengths and challenges.
SELECTION OF AWARDEE
After reviewing applications, successful candidates will be requested to attend an assessment day on Saturday, March 5, 2016 in the Media Center at International School Manila. Student candidates will be required to complete a series of tests in reading, writing and mathematics, and take part in collaborative activities for the selection committee to get a better understanding of each student’s strengths and challenges. The day will begin at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude at approximately 2:30 p.m. We will begin with a meeting for parents and students at 8:00 a.m. so plan to arrive before 8:00 a.m. for attendance checking. Morning snacks and lunch will be provided for the candidates.
Based on the overall application and the results of the assessment day a group of candidates will be selected to continue in the search process. This will include a scheduled "home-visit" during the week of March 14-18, 2016, along with a panel interview of individual candidates which will take place the week of March 21-23, 2016 in the Middle School conference room.
Based on all of the information and the final interview, a decision will be made on which students will be awarded the ISM scholarships.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AWARDEE AND HIS/HER PARENT(S) OR GUARDIAN
NOTE: The students must be fully committed to attend International School Manila for a period of five years (Grades 8 – 12).
THE COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION SHALL INCLUDE:
DATE AND PLACE OF EXAMINATION
Saturday, March 5, 2016
8:00AM to 2:30PM
Middle School Media Center
2/F International School Manila
University Parkway, Fort Bonifacio
Taguig City, Philippines
FOR THOSE SELECTED TO BE INTERVIEWED, THE CANDIDATES SHALL BE APPRAISED ON THE FOLLOWING:
Week of March 21-23
‣ On ISM website you will find the 2015-2016 application packet, containing the scholarship announcement, a profile of previous scholars and all the application forms. Completed forms must be submitted to International School Manila, Middle School Guidance Office.
FORMS (links to PDF)
*Report Cards/ Transcripts (Applicants must submit a copy of their report cards, school records/transcript from Grade 1 to current grade level with completed application forms.)
‣ Completed forms must be submitted to International School Manila, Middle School Guidance Office, no later than 4:00 PM February 5, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.