2012 PhD Studentship in Environmental Analytical Chemistry at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 2012 Sweden
Doctoral Studentship in the Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 2012 Sweden
School: Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences/Sweden
Field(s): environmental chemistry, analytical chemistry
Deadline: 12 September 2012
Funded by:Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Beneficiaries: Open for International Students
- Emerging pollutants can undergo atmospheric transport and deposition to cold environments including the boreal forest where snowfall efficiently scavenges pollutants from the atmosphere, resulting in their accumulation in snow, surface waters and sediment.
- Eventually, these pollutants may be transported from Swedish boreal catchments to the Baltic Sea, where there are on-going problems with elevated concentrations. Working with leading researchers at SLU and other Swedish universities, the successful candidate will develop an analytical method for assessing fate and transport of emerging pollutants such as novel flame retardants (FRs) in the Swedish forest.
- Applicants should hold an MSc in environmental chemistry, analytical chemistry or equivalent.
- Strong skills in analytical chemistry and proficiency in English (both spoken and written) is required.
- Knowledge of and interest in field experiments, statistical analysis, scientific writing and working in an interdisciplinary environment are valuable merits.
- The application should include a Curriculum Vitae, a short description of experience indicating your suitability for the position and why you are interested, copies of degree certificates from higher education, a record of relevant publication where applicable, contact information of at least two references, and ideally a written reference from at least one referee.
- The position is full-time and will be granted for a period of four years, starting as soon as possible.
Application method : By post, and electronically
For more information, please visit:
For informal inquiries, please contact :
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!