PhD Studentship is offered by Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences for Netherlands students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The University of Amsterdam, Faculty of Science – Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences (SILS) | Netherlands
Level: Doctoral (PhD) Degree
Field(s): PhD Reasearch Topic: Intracellular pH as a Second Messenger of Environmental Fitness in Yeasts
Deadline:1 February 2013.
Funded by: The University of Amsterdam
Beneficiaries(Target Group): PhD Studentship is Open for Students of Netherlands.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Duration: The full-time appointment will be on a temporary basis for a maximum period of four years (18 months plus a further 30 months after a positive evaluation) and should lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis).
‣ Scholarship covers:The gross monthly salary will range from € 2042,- in the first year and € 2612,- in the final year, in accordance with the Dutch salary scales for PhD students.
‣ The research group Molecular Biology and Microbial Food Safety investigates the adaptation of microorganisms to changes in the environment.
‣ In this context we are seeking a Ph.D. Student for the project : Intracellular pH as a second messenger of environmental fitness in yeasts.
‣ The PhD Studentship candidate has an MSc degree in Life Sciences/Biochemistry, with experience in molecular biology. -She/he has a keen interest in the biochemical aspects of signal transduction and cellular physiology.
‣ The candidate gets inspired by the generation of novel concepts for cellular functioning.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online Now (http://www.uva.nl/en/about-the-uva/working-at-the-uva/vacancies/item/12-312.html)
‣ Applications may only be submitted by clicking 'Apply Now' below, quoting the vacancy number 12-312 and the position you are applying for in the subject line.
‣ Applications must include a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, a motivation letter and the names and contact details of at least two academic referees.
‣ Please make sure you send your letter and the other documents as one single file.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 1 February 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like