PhD Student Position in Bioinformatics at University of South Dakota, USA, and applications are submitted till February 15, 2014. Department of Biology, University of South Dakota is inviting applications for P h D student position in Bioinformatics/Plant Genomics. Highly motivated candidate is required in the field of bioinformatics with some background in genomics to work on the “epigenetics regulation of plant response to stresses” project. The position is available starting August 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of South Dakota | USA
Level: PhD program
Field(s): Position is available in the field of Bioinformatics/Plant Genomics.
Deadline: February 15, 2014.
Funded By: University of South Dakota, USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): P h D Student Position in Bioinformatics are targeted for International students.
‣ Award No: One student position is available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The position is available starting August 2014. The position will remain open until March 15, 2014.
‣ Scholarship covers: Not Specified
PhD Student Position in Bioinformatics
‣ Applications are invited for a PhD student position available at the Department of Biology in the University of South Dakota, USA.
‣ The position is open in the field of bioinformatics for the project “epigenetics regulation of plant response to stresses”.
‣ The PhD student will be responsible for transcriptome, genome and methylome analysis.
Have what it takes to avail PhD Student Position in Bioinformatics?
‣ International students must take the general test GRE and scores of 40th percentile or higher for the verbal and quantitative tests are recommended, but there is no formal minimum score required for admission.
‣ TOEFL scores need to be at least 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer), or 79 (Internet-based).
‣ IELTS can be taken instead, with a minimum score of 6.0. In order to qualify, following key points are essential:
‣ The successful applicant will be expected to have specific expertise in writing of programs (e.g. C++, Java, Perl, Python), working knowledge about biological databases, hands-on experience with biological data (especially microarray and next generation sequencing data), computer skills in a UNIX/LINUX environment and excellent communication and organization skills.
‣ Applicants should send a resume and a cover letter describing previous experiences and skills to Dr. Abdelali Barakat (Abdelali.barakat-at-usd.edu).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on February 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like