PhD Scholarships in Sustainable Bioplastics at University of Queensland in Australia , and applications are submitted till 02 October 2014. The University of Queensland is inviting applications for full time PhD scholarships within the Faculty of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech. Applicants should have a very good Honours or Master’s degree, or equivalent in engineering, science or a relevant discipline. There are two PhD Scholarships available. The scholarship package $30,000 per annum for 3 years, with the possibility of tuition fee waiver. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The University of Queensland | Australia
Level: PhD Research Program
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for a research project on Intracellular manufacturing – high performance biomaterials from methane and Novel bioderived and biodegradable wood plastic composites from wastes within the Faculty of Engineering, Architecture & Info Tech
Deadline: 02 October 2014
Funded By: The University of Queensland, Australia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PhD Scholarships in Sustainable Bioplastics are targeted for international students.
‣ Award No: There are two PhD Scholarships available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of award is 3 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship package $30,000 per annum for 3 years, with the possibility of tuition fee waiver. Australian applicants will be expected to apply for an Australian Postgraduate Award.
‣ The University of Queensland is one of the top universities in Australia and is in the top 100 in the world.
‣ The School of Chemical Engineering is renowned for its world-class engineering education, pioneering research, and high quality graduates.
‣ The successful PhD Scholarships in Sustainable Bioplastics applicant would become part of a growing team of researchers at the University addressing the need for sustainable alternative materials.
‣ We have well-established foundations in research and commercialization of biopolymers, as a solid foundation for this innovative research program.
‣ The research team for this project is based at St Lucia, Brisbane. Opportunities exist for successful applicants to be hosted internationally for periods of time while working on the project and their PhD.
‣ Applicants should have a very good Honours or Master’s degree, or equivalent in engineering, science or a relevant discipline.
‣ It is essential that you can clearly demonstrate research potential, and an ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary team. An interest in high quality research leading to industry innovation is also essential.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 02 October 2014 (11:55 PM) E. Australia Standard Time.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.