PhD Scholarships in Statistics and Mathematical Finance at DiSMeQ in Italy, and applications are submitted till 5th July 2014. The PhD in Statistics and Mathematical Finance is a three-year graduate programme for students who have a title equivalent to the Italian Laurea Magistrale (Master of Arts) and an interest in doing research in the fields of statistics or mathematical finance. For the academic year 2014-2015 the PhD program admits 6 students with scholarship (net pay: ca. €1028 per month). Two PhD positions with scholarship are reserved for students holding a non-Italian Master of Arts (or equivalent) degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): DiSMeQ | Italy
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Statistics, Statistics and Applications and Mathematical Finance.
Deadline: 5th July 2014.
Funded By: DiSMeQ, Italy
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PhD Scholarships in Statistics and Mathematical Finance is targeted for International and Italian citizens
‣ Award No: Up to 6 PhD scholarships will be available.
‣ Scholarship covers: PhD scholarship will provide ca. €1028 per month.
‣ The PhD programme is structured in three different curricula: Statistics, Statistics and Applications and Mathematical Finance. The classes during the first year of the PhD are common to all the curricula and their aim is providing solid mathematical, statistical and computational foundations to all the students.
‣Then, the activities (classes, seminars,etc.) will depend on the curriculum chosen by the student. All classes and seminars are taught in English and some are held by world-class international scholars.
‣ During the second and/or third year each student has to spend a period of six months or more at an international research institution abroad.
‣ The third year and part of the second year are dedicated to the writing of the PhD dissertation.
‣ Each student is expected to publish some of the dissertation results in highly ranked scientific journals such as those in the Area 13 list of the ANVUR (National Agency for the Evaluation of the University and Research Systems).
‣ For students holding an Italian Laurea Magistrale or Laurea Specialistica the selection is based on the curriculum vitae, a written test and an interview.
‣ Two PhD positions with scholarship are reserved for students holding a non-Italian Master of Arts (or equivalent) degree.
‣ English fluency is a required prerequisite that is assessed during the interview.
‣ -For students holding an Italian Laurea Magistrale or Laurea Specialistica the selection is based on the curriculum vitae, a written test and an interview.
‣ For all the prospective students holding a non-Italian degree, the selection is based on the curriculum vitae,
‣ two presentation letters written by scholars with research interests coherent with the PhD programme and a distance interview (conference call) with the candidate.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via e-mail and by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 5th July 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.