PhD Scholarships in Political Science.The Istituto Italiano di Scienze Umane, the “Alma Mater Studiorum” – University of Bologna, the University of Siena and the University of Florence are jointly offering PhD scholarship in Italy. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Bologna, the University of Siena and the University of Florence | Italy
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Political Science.
Deadline: 4th October 2013.
Funded By: The Istituto Italiano di Scienze Umane, the “Alma Mater Studiorum” – University of Bologna, the University of Siena and the University of Florence.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PhD Scholarships in Political Science is targeted for Students of EU and Non EU.
‣ Award No: about Eight PhD Scholarships in Political Science are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: It is applicable for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers:
Both conditions must be met in order to receive free hospitality.
PhD Scholarships in Political Science
‣ The Istituto Italiano di Scienze Umane, the “Alma Mater Studiorum” – University of Bologna, the University of Siena and the University of Florence jointly announce the 29th cycle of the Ph.D. Programme in Political Science.
‣ The number of the places available might later increase in case of further grants supported by other Universities and public or private bodies, on the condition that the agreement regulating the funding of these additional grants will have been undersigned by the deadline of the present public selection, otherwise the additional places will be invalid.
‣ The relative administrative procedure, once completed, and the number of the additional grants will be published on the website of the Istituto, provided that the deadline for the admission applications will remain unchanged.
‣ The Selection Commission proceeds to evaluate the applicants on the basis of their curriculum, their scientific qualifications and of the research project presented.
‣ Only the candidates who will receive a positive evaluation from the Committee will be admitted to the Selection exams.
‣ Such evaluation will not determine any marks useful to pass the exams neither can it be added to the average score obtained by the exams.
‣ Candidate’s nonresident in Italy who are admitted to the Selection exams will receive a contribution equivalent to not less than 80% of their travel and accommodation expenses, that must be properly and duly documented (tourist class journey or equivalent, accommodation in hotels chosen by the Istituto Italiano di Scienze).
To avail PhD Scholarships in Political Science, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Candidates holding a foreign university degree which has not yet been declared equivalent to an Italian degree must specifically request the College of Teachers of the Ph.D.
‣ Programme in Political Science to recognize its equivalence, for the sole purpose of admission to the Research Doctorate.
‣ In this case, candidates should attach to the admission application form all documents necessary to the College of Teachers in order to declare the above mentioned equivalence.
‣ Such documents shall be properly translated and authenticated, together with Statement of Validity (Dichiarazione di Valore) issued by the Italian diplomatic representative officer based in the country where the degree has been released.
‣ An additional number of non-EU citizens, already possessing both a qualification that is considered to have equal validity to be admitted to the Ph.D. Programme and, as well, and at least three year length grant, may be admitted, up to 50% limit of the available scholarship positions.
‣ The grant must have been issued by the Italian Government or by other national or international institutions, The College of Teachers will decide on the conditions for their admission, case by case.
‣ In order to apply, candidates are first requested to enroll themselves by inserting the required data and their email address.
‣ Once registration has been successfully concluded and notified to the candidates, they will receive further indications by email.
‣ Should they not be notified, within the following 24 hours, that they have successfully registered, they are kindly requested to contact the Segreteria Didattica of the Istituto, at the following email address: didattica-at-sumitalia.it.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 4th October 2013, 23h00 (Central European Time).
You may also like