scholarship position in agricultural science at the Universidad
Autónoma de Yucatan (UADY) / Mexico
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!
School: Autónoma de Yucatan (UADY) / Mexico
Deadline:31 August 2012
Funded by: DAAD
Beneficiaries: International students
- a monthly allowance of 500 Euro, the coverage of the tuition fees at UADY, the participation in the Graduate School and other ICDD activities as well as the possibility to apply for field research travel funds of the ICDD.
- Applying for a scholarship extension after two years maybe possible.
- Application dead line: 31 August 2012
- Scholarship start date: 1 November 2012
Criteria for Eligibility
- a completed or almost completed Master degree, with excellent results, in a discipline related to agricultural science; the applicant’s last academic degree should not be more than six years ago; if an applicant already started with his/her PhD project, it should have started not more than three years ago;
- a high proficiency of English (CEFR level: C1 or above), demonstrated by one of the following language certificates: TOEFL, with a minimum score of 550 PBT (paper- based test) / 80 IBT (Internet-based test); IELTS 6.5 or above; the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English or an equivalent (native speakers and applicants who have completed their first degree fully in English do not have to provide an English proficiency certificate);
- Academic or vocational experience in one of the disciplines related to the thematic field of development and decent work; Citizenship of an ODA recipient country (see DAC list attached).
How to apply
1) Your application package must include the following elements in this sequence:
- a completed cover sheet (see attachment or download from ICDD Graduate School website); a detailed curriculum vitae (including the academic background, the list of publications [if applicable], professional experience, language skills, voluntary work);
- a preliminary PhD project proposal (about 2000 words, including topic, research question, short overview of the relevant literature, theoretical approach, research design and methodology);
- a summary of the Master thesis (about 1500 words) if applicable; scanned copy of an English proficiency certificate if required;
- scanned copies of the following documents in the original languagewith translations attached, if the language of these documents is not German, English, French, Spanish or Portuguese: the certificate and transcript of records of your recognised Master degree, listing all subjects and grades (if you have not yet completed your master degree, please provide the transcript and a letter from the programme coordinator testifying the date and likelihood of its successful completion);
- the certificate and transcript of records of your recognised Bachelor degree, listing all subjects and grades;
- the university entrance examination certificate, listing all subjects and grades;
- certificates of additional studies and on the completion of these studies, listing all subjects and grades;
- scanned copies of certificates of previous professional/vocational experience if applicable.
- Please send the complete application package electronically as a single pdf file** no later than 31 August 2012 to: email@example.com
- Application packages reaching the inbox of this account after 31 August 2012 at 12:00 pm (GMT + 01:00) cannot be processed.
2) Letter of recommendation:
- Applicants are required to ask for a letter of recommendation from a current member of the ICDD faculty at UADY, who could be a potential supervisor of the PhD project.
- Applicants thus should send their request for such a letter together with their full academic CV, research proposal and full contact details via email to the dean of the faculty of agricultural sciences, Dr. Carlos Sandoval-Castro, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The request will then be forwarded to a potential supervisor on the basis of the applicant’s profile.
- Requests for letters of recommendation from UADY should thus be sent as early as possible.
- The signed recommendation letter must be sent as a scanned copy from the referee ́s email account to: email@example.com
- The letter of recommendation must also arrive at the ICDD no later than 31 August 2012.
- If you are selected for admission, officially authenticated photocopies of all the documents and translations will have to be presented.
More information , Please visit Website