PhD Scholarship in Civil Engineering at University of Adelaide in Australia ,and applicants are required the employer of the deadline. University of Adelaide is offering scholarship in Civil Engineering for Australian applicants. Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree level at University of Adelaide. Applicants have a minimum of a second class honours or equivalent; preferably first class honours or master with a research component and Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills. The scholarships will be $24,500 per annum for 3 years plus tuition fee waiver. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Adelaide | Australia
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Civil Engineering
Deadline: Contact employer
Funded By: University of Adelaide
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PhD Scholarship in Civil Engineering is targeted for students of Australia.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for 3 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The PhD Scholarship in Civil Engineering will be $24,500 per annum (nominally tax-free) for 3 years plus tuition fee waiver.
‣ Monitoring the safety of structures in order to improve reliability and reduce life-cycle costs is an issue of worldwide importance across a wide range of industries, such as aerospace, as well as civil and mechanical engineering.
‣ The need has motivated much research into structural health monitoring in recent years. SHM system is defined as the monitoring of a structure over time using periodically spaced measurements from an integrated system.
‣ It should ideally be able to detect and locate damage in structures, then estimate its severity and monitor its evolution over time.
‣ An excellent opportunity exists for civil, mechanical or applied mathematics graduates.
‣ The position is directly linked to a new ARC Project in the research area of structural health monitoring. The project explores a new methodology for structural safety diagnosis in fibre composite structures using guided wave.
‣ Have a minimum of a Second Class Honours (Division A) or equivalent; preferably First Class Honours or Master with a research component.
‣ Demonstrate ability to undertake a broad range of analytical tasks.
‣ Demonstrate computer programming skills. - An ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary research team.
‣ Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
‣ Knowledge in area of solving inverse problems and/or damage mechanics are highly desirable.
‣ Experience and knowledge in composite materials are highly desirable.
Notification: Not Known
‣ Applicants are required to Contact employer for the application methods and procedures
‣ Scholarship Application Due date: Contact employer
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.