Phd research position are announced open for applications at International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering in Germany. Full details:
‣ PhD students of the International PhD Program will receive financial support for the duration of their thesis. Financial support for Phd research position is granted via one of two types of funding,
‣ The type of funding a student receives is dependent upon the specific source of funding for each student, and is defined by the available resources of the hosting group leader and the hosting organization.
‣ Fellowships are tax free and do not include any contributions to social insurances.
‣ Health insurance is compulsory and individual arrangements are to be made by the fellow (with the help of the PhD program office).
School(Institutions/ Country): International Max Planck Research School | Germany
Field(s): Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering.
Funded By: MPI-CBG, IMPRS-MCBB, TUD
Deadline:10 July 2013
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Phd research position is Open for International Students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: The monthly fellowship rate corresponds to up to 1365 Euro plus 103 Euro additional allowance per month.Irrespective of the source of funding, the initial net income (after deduction of compulsory insurances respectively tax and contribution to social insurances) is approximately 1000 Euro per month at a minimum.
‣ Individual arrangements for pension schemes are optional. Contracts are taxed, and contributions to health insurance, pension scheme and social benefits are included and automatically deducted from the income.
‣ The monthly fellowship rate corresponds to up to 1365 Euro plus 103 Euro additional allowance per month.
‣ Contracts are according to 50% to 65% TV-L E13 respectively TvöD E13 (German tariff for employees in civil service). Irrespective of the source of funding, the initial net income (after deduction of compulsory insurances respectively tax and contribution to social insurances) is approximately 1000 Euro per month at a minimum.
‣ As a rule, financial support within the International PhD Program terminates with the final exam of the doctorate proceedings.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail Phd research position at International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering.
‣ must hold, or anticipate receiving before taking up thesis work, an undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: life sciences,
natural sciences,engineering,medicine,computer science,physics,or applied mathematics.
‣ The degree level should allow the applicants to enter doctoral programs in their home country. In general, a Master degree or equivalent is required.
‣ Applicants holding an excellent BSc degree are also welcome to apply, given that independent research and a written thesis is part of the course of study.
‣ In that case, additional requirements to be completed during PhD thesis work will be defined on a case-to-case basis.
‣ Candidates holding a medical degree must have completed the course of study, including the exam equivalent to the German 2nd State Exam, before starting their PhD thesis.
‣ Formal requirements: Applicants are required to provide relevant transcripts including the marks and degree certificates with the application. In case the course of study is ongoing, an official up-to-date preliminary transcript, including the marks obtained so far, is to be included.
‣ Language requirements : The language of the Dresden International PhD Program is English. Proficiency in English is therefore required for participation, and applicants might be contacted by phone for assessment. However, formal proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS) is not requested.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Apply online here .
‣ Scholarship Applications due date: To apply – Registration deadline: 1 July 2013, Application deadline: 10 July 2013
You may also like